• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I hate when you just buy a Diy and then it shows up on your Beach

Been having trouble getting New DIYS. I seem to be getting the older duplicate ones. (sigh) at least I have my additional users to help me out on the main island

i bought a whole bunch of glowing moss diys on here the other day. have also spent real money on another site to get diy sets.

and then they just show up on the island, mocking me. it's frustrating, but i'm hoarding diys to do a giveaway or something eventually.

I don't really buy diys but if I did and that happened, I think I would try to sell it for what I paid, or maybe trade it for another recipe.

I imagine it would be frustrating though!

i bought a whole bunch of glowing moss diys on here the other day. have also spent real money on another site to get diy sets.

and then they just show up on the island, mocking me. it's frustrating, but i'm hoarding diys to do a giveaway or something eventually.
Rage

That’s why I’ve been holding off on buying the shell music box recipe. I know the second I do it I’ll be finding it in a message bottle. 😭

I lowkey think that this happens because the obtainable stuff, diy in this case, has a certain rng rarity %. Once you get it for the first time, whether by your own luck/work or trading, the rng makes it more easier for you to find it. It seems to be the way anyway. As it's happened to me to. There was this common furniture piece I always wanted and then I finally got it by my own means and then I found it twice through my playthroughs soon after.

haha yess, this happens to me a lot too lately. I completed most of my pre-2.0 DIYs recently but I've started finding some of the ones I bought on the beach!! At least I know I can hang on to them to give to others 😔

Similarly, right after the update I requested a new KK song and then it was in the shopping app the next day.

I traded for the glowing moss statue. guess what diy was on the kappn island i went to later that day? yup. and then my friend had a duplicate of that one and offered it to me too. lol

Happened to me so many times, makes you wonder if the game does that on purpose just to bother you.

I've had this happen to me quite a few times as well. Very frustrating but just part of the game I suppose!

Or when I buy it thinking I don't have it (and not checking because of laziness) and then finding you wasted your rare TBT on one you already have. You would think I'd learn my lesson, especially because the forum has gotten slow/more about the dlc I don't have, so TBT is harder to get right now. But nope, I never learn.

Back