• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I am having a bizzare computer problem

Big Forum User

Snow queen of Arendelle
Bells
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
I promised myself I wouldn't go on TBT anymore due to my spending too much time on it along with feeling a bit neglected for not being recognized despite my activeness, but I just need one last favor.TBT is the only site that's loading on my computer, so I'm turning to you guys for advice because you're awesome, friendly, and fast. So, here's my problem:Nothing is loading. Not even my bookmarks. It gives me an error message claiming that the connection to the server was reset, or something along those lines depending on what browser. Not even Google is loading. Well, it loaded for a few seconds, but it wasn't ANY help at all, becaus nobody in the first 3 search results was having this problem, and it gave me the error message before I could scroll. I've already tried:1. Rebooting2. Windows Updates3. Disconnecting/Reconnecting4. Virus Check5. Waiting a few days6. Refreshing the page a million times (for some reason that typically works)Anyone else have any ideas?

Well I'm not sure if you already did this but have you tried resetting your modem? Sometimes that works or just simply unplugging your modem for a minute or two and plugging it back in. If you reset your modem though, that means you have to re-add all of your wireless electronics so be aware of that >.<

if you are running windows delete system 32 in the hard drive aka C: there should be a folder called window inside that file ia a file called system 32 delete it but whatever you do be extremely careful and don't delete anything else in the windows file including the system file delete the system 32 file but don't delete the system file or any other file good luck I hope you get it fixed to get to the files there should be a icon that opens it on the desktop it looks like a file

Last edited:
well that is a bizarre problem and also fake because there's no way only TBT would load good excuse for coming back on the forums though for attention

well that is a bizarre problem and also fake because there's no way only TBT would load good excuse for coming back on the forums though for attention

I don't think you'll be seeing them on around here for awhile

Try deleting system 32.

Cory, didn't you try to do this when you were told to in the IRC? omg you even have Jubs' reaction to it in your signature.

Besides, there are safeguards to prevent that, omg.

Last edited:
Try deleting system 32.

if you are running windows delete system 32 in the hard drive aka C: there should be a folder called window inside that file ia a file called system 32 delete it but whatever you do be extremely careful and don't delete anything else in the windows file including the system file delete the system 32 file but don't delete the system file or any other file good luck I hope you get it fixed to get to the files there should be a icon that opens it on the desktop it looks like a file

Oh it worked thanks guys

Seriously guys just don't =.=;

Firstly, shutdown computer,
Boot your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt or Networking. (Achieved by pressing F8 on boot screen)
The resolution will look different but dont worry.
When on desktop, start by scanning using Windows Defender.
In CMD.exe (command prompt), type SFC/Scannow
Run the test and this will resolve any computer file issues.
Run a windows network diagnostics test to check internet.
Shut down PC and reboot normally after SFC (systemfilechecker).

PM me if not resolved thereafter
If issue is recent, attempt a restore to an earlier point in time

++If your running Windows XP Operating System, your computer is more likely to suffer virus and malware attacks as a result of Microsoft ending support and security updates.

Last edited:

It is NOT fake. I think it's only loading because the rest of my sites that I like to go to require games, and TBT is only slightly loading. I think it is quite rude you are making assumptions. A few other sites that don't require games are loading less though. Like my email is loading a teeny bit, but not enough, and my facebook only loads the text box, but, like I said, it is quite rude to assume such a thing. Besides, I had to reload the page 7 times.

It is NOT fake. I think it's only loading because the rest of my sites that I like to go to require games, and TBT is only slightly loading. I think it is quite rude you are making assumptions. A few other sites that don't require games are loading less though. Like my email is loading a teeny bit, but not enough, and my facebook only loads the text box, but, like I said, it is quite rude to assume such a thing. Besides, I had to reload the page 7 times.

Well, I guess it's because you're such a Big Forum User then!!

So...

I may have a solution for you. I had a very similar problem just now. The "solution" I discovered after an hour or two of troubleshooting was to disable windows defender. Network traffic returned to normal after that. I then re-enabled windows defender and things are still fine.

The more long winded version is:

I went through all the network troubleshooting and nothing helped. A reboot did not help. After realizing another laptop on my network was working just fine I was certain it was the Windows Laptop I was using. I first disabled the windows firewall and that did not help. Then I disabled windows defender and things immediately returned to normal. Next I re-enabled the windows firewall and things continued to work. Finally I re-enabled windows defender and things remained working. All in all I am back to exactly where I started, but the problem is gone.

Hope that helps!

BTW, I registered for this Forum only to respond to this post because I was trying to find out if anyone else was reporting problems similar to mine.

So...

I may have a solution for you. I had a very similar problem just now. The "solution" I discovered after an hour or two of troubleshooting was to disable windows defender. Network traffic returned to normal after that. I then re-enabled windows defender and things are still fine.

The more long winded version is:

I went through all the network troubleshooting and nothing helped. A reboot did not help. After realizing another laptop on my network was working just fine I was certain it was the Windows Laptop I was using. I first disabled the windows firewall and that did not help. Then I disabled windows defender and things immediately returned to normal. Next I re-enabled the windows firewall and things continued to work. Finally I re-enabled windows defender and things remained working. All in all I am back to exactly where I started, but the problem is gone.

Hope that helps!

BTW, I registered for this Forum only to respond to this post because I was trying to find out if anyone else was reporting problems similar to mine.
It worked! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Windows Defender didn't work, but disabling my antivirus did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back