• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Huckabee and Obama take Iowa Caucuses

Propaganda Man said:
And by the way Storm, in response to this PM:

I can teach you why you shouldn't be supporting Gulliani, Obama, and McCain. =)

Please don't instead. I am busy and don't have the time to PM it to you but after reading your post I don't want to talk politics with you.
Too late, I already sent it. You see, there are a lot of things wrongs with the people in the front. Don't base your vote on what the media tells you

;)

Propaganda Man said:
Kyle said:
Hasn't a black ran for office before?
Two that I can think of. Al Sharpton and some black woman.
More than that. Alan Keyes has been running a lot. This isn't the main thing behind Obama, but it definitely keeps the momentum going and I bet he'll win Democrats overall.

stormcommander said:
Propaganda Man said:
And by the way Storm, in response to this PM:

I can teach you why you shouldn't be supporting Gulliani, Obama, and McCain. =)

Please don't instead. I am busy and don't have the time to PM it to you but after reading your post I don't want to talk politics with you.
Too late, I already sent it. You see, there are a lot of things wrongs with the people in the front. Don't base your vote on what the media tells you

;)
I skimmed what you said and it was garbage. Not you being a Ron Paul supporter, but how you tried to force your opinion on to me acting as if you know whats right and wrong and that you are the only one who can educate me about it. Please, get real.

You mentioned that people vote for him because he is black. That is laughable. I'm reading a lot of things in the media (newspapers) that hardly ever mention that he is black but that his message is change.

The only one saying he is getting votes (in a practically all white state) is because they are racist and feel sympathetic towards him.

You also used a website's Top 10 to back you up for corrupt politicians. Storm, its okay, Carlos Mencia's sketch of a black man as president isn't going to happen.

Also, Storm, why didn't other black presidential hopefuls get votes when Obama did? Because a lot of blacks are saying that he isn't black enough.

Propaganda Man said:
OddCrazyMe said:
DSCUBER9000 said:
Who's the guy who wants to send everyone with AIDS to an island?

... I sure hope I'm not misquoting someone.

:p
What the heck are you talking about?

Anyway I disagree Storm. Just because African Americans are voting for him has nothing to do with . In fact if he does make president we'd be a step up than we were 40 years ago with .
95% of Iowa (which has 2 million in it...I think) is white so I don't think many blacks voted for him compared to the whites that did.
True true. I suppose I'm speaking a little too early.

I don't know who I really think should win right now, I don't see any of the front runners really standing out anywhere. But I know I really don't like Huckabee right now.

I've known a lot about Ron Paul for a long time now, and I have to say this:

I don't think he has practical solutions.

Aside from withdrawing from Iraq, a lot of his other policies are completely insane. Trust in the constitution to solve modern problems is something that has long been proven impractical and irresponsible. Also, the supposed "free market" with it's golden halo of importance has been shown again and again to be corrupt and unfair.

I think it just sounds good because it promises radical change and sensibility from a more uneducated standpoint.

Oh, and he won't win, the media won't let him.

Propaganda Man said:
OddCrazyMe said:
DSCUBER9000 said:
Who's the guy who wants to send everyone with AIDS to an island?

... I sure hope I'm not misquoting someone.

:p
What the heck are you talking about?

Anyway I disagree Storm. Just because African Americans are voting for him has nothing to do with . In fact if he does make president we'd be a step up than we were 40 years ago with .
95% of Iowa (which has 2 million in it...I think) is white so I don't think many blacks voted for him compared to the whites that did.
I am sick to death of hearing that sound bite, just stop it. It's inherently racist to point out that a black man won in a predominantly white state, especially in the way and to the degree that the cable news programs did. It's almost like they think human nature hasn't changed at all since the 19th century.

And there are 3 million people in Iowa.

I think that this election really shows something important, no matter how much we say race shouldn't affect people's opinions IT DOES! For better or for worse. I think we have gotten to a point were at least the people voting against him because he is black is more or less equal to the people voting for him because he is black. This is merely speculation of course. But that is just me, I think I might vote for him because he was the first one with an emphasis on change, and I really don't think Hilary would be very different from the way Bill ran things, and not that he did such a bad job but people did vote for Bush instead of his vice president when his term was done :p Say if things reallly worked in a way that black people only voted for Obama, why wouldn't Hilary have won since by the same thought all women should have voted for her....just a thought :p

Why is this in the Wishing Well? Did I post it here on accident?

Back