How to deal with rejection and still be friends?

pulper

what
Bells
Switch
8258-5214-0130
There is this one guy i liked and i told him that today but he said he didnt feel the same way, he still wants to be friends and i do too. how do i cope from this point on? like its not his fault or anything he was super nice about it. im just still kinda down.

I agree with what Corrie said.

That and I realized (for me) doing self-care activities made me feel better about being rejected or getting dumped. Taking time for you and giving yourself time to heal will definitely help. Taking care of yourself in times like these where you're very upset will make you feel loads better. And even if you don't or can't do a whole lot to pick yourself up, even doing one little thing should make you feel proud. That's how it is for me, anyways.

It's gonna be tough for a while, but as time passes, the better you will feel. Might not go away instantly, because everyone experiences feelings differently, but you will start to feel better with time and doing your best to take care of yourself when you need it the most ^^ If you ever need a friend, I'm always available to talk!

It’s going to be awkward for sure. That’s not what you want to hear, but it will be a touchy subject for a while. There may be awkward moments for sure but it’ll pass with time. I applaud you for actually telling him. I won’t lie, I could never have those guts. I would just continue flirting and let it progress naturally. You were really brave for being honest with him and yourself.

i haven’t been in ur situation specifically, but i have rejected people, and when they take it to heart or become self-loathing i think it’s important to note there is nothing shameful in someone not being attracted to you, it just is (i mean ur not attracted to everyone are u?). since you said he’s a nice person im sure he doesn’t see you as weird or anything, it is perfectly normal 2 ask someone out. i would attempt not to alienate him or try not to act too differently. from my perspective i try to be nice to people after i say no (which is hard because some men are insane freaks and creepy), and if they act differently around me i don’t get upset, i just keep my same behaviors. so even if you found it hard to act the same i don’t think he will hate you for it

you all are really helpful, like genuinely. ive felt a lot better about what has happened the past few days and i know it wasnt anything about me and im glad him and i are still friends because hes helped me get through a lot.

you all are really helpful, like genuinely. ive felt a lot better about what has happened the past few days and i know it wasnt anything about me and im glad him and i are still friends because hes helped me get through a lot.
I'm happy to hear this!! Very glad you're still friends and things are going good.

he read through my forum posts because he saw my account soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun wth am i supposed to do

You can always edit your posts to delete the content if you don’t want him to see them. I’m sorry he’s been going through your posts.
its alright he wasnt doing it to be mean he didnt realize that it would be on there and he said it was cute so i know he isnt just making fun of me

I don't have a lot of advice that hasn't already been given, but I did want to say that if you need time away from this person to heal then don't be afraid to be honest and ask for that. That's what worked for one of my ex-boyfriends after we stopped dating. We were really young and only dated for like 2 weeks before I realized I only liked him as a friend. I told him that and he was hurt for a while. We didn't hang out again for the rest of the school year (which was maybe a few months) or during summer break. I was upset at losing a friend, but knew that I couldn't force it.

But by the time the next school year started, he was over me and had started dating someone new. He came to me for relationship advice and our friendship ended up being closer than ever for the next 4-5 years before we went our separate ways after high school.

I'm not saying you have to do this or for how long. That's all your individual choice. But it sounds like he's very understanding so if you told him you needed a little space to get over him, I'm sure he would take it well and it wouldn't have to be the end of your friendship.

Back