How old do you think you are in this game?

In Japan, most people get their own place in their teenage years, so I'm guessing about that time.

BUT, they're the mayor so maybe 20-15

Last edited:
My mayor is probably in her mid-to-late 20s, in her first time moving from home. Or, early twenties but then she ages a few years??

I dunno, she's a mayor and lighthouse keeper, so I'd hope she's older than like, 20 lol

Sense would dictate that the mayor is late teens/early twenties but I've always gotten a mid teens vibe from them.

I've never thought about an exact age. I just assume my mayor is a young adult like myself (mid 20's). although she is a lot more successful than me bc she owns a big home that is all paid off :p

Last edited:
Like 12 or something? Which is really strange, 'cause why would a 12 year old move out in the middle of nowhere and become a Mayor of a town, but...whatever, they look 12 lol
I guess more realistically, they'd be 14 - 18 though?

Last edited:
I've always assumed that they were a teenager or young adult. The game makes it really hard to tell what specific age they are, which I guess is good for allowing players to sort of be themselves and not worry about age in-game.

I used to always think they are around 12 yrs old... But your post kinda makes me think they're older than that. Probably around 18?

young adult. sometimes my real age but just w/ more adult responsibilities, but yeah grnerally maybe around 18-24

I believe the girls were drawn like that just to not give sex appeal, after all it's a game mostly for a younger audience.
Yes, there are teenagers who live in their own and are constantly checked by their parents in Japan.

But, considering the aspects of the games, the player don't earn a lot of money from the parents since the players would most likelly wish to make money in their own.

Getting an allowance every month to pay mortgage and buy stuff would make the game so easy.

And becoming a mayor is mostly due the villagers and Isabelle are a bunch of looneys.

I think around 22-ish because it would be kinda weird letting a little kid or teenager be a mayor.

If I say a specific age, I thought they were 20-21 since they are old enough to live on their own, have a job and be mistaken as a mayor :) That's not something you would do just out of the school, so at least university age.
Neither a lot older than that, since for example Cyrus also treats you as a youngster and he looks like a fully developed adu- I mean alpaca. So the max he may be is 30 years old? Only my opinion, though.

I would say my character would be a younger version of me. A character who is mature enough but deepdown has a heart of a child who never wants to grow up. :-D i dont know about you guys but thats how i feel lol.

I guess 15-18 years old??? The human villagers just look young. ._.

Back