• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How Long Have you been playing Animal Crossing?

MayorCat

Trying To Change My User
Bells
Tasty Cake
How long have you been playing the actual series?
I was playing since GameCube, so I guess the first game?

Depends on when you consider people to start, by game or by year? Some people could have played the GameCube one, but well after games like City Folk or Wild World had debuted. I started in 2002 myself, simply because it was the only legal Nintendo Entertainment System emulator available. However, quickly after I started, I fell in love with the game, it's got charm that's unmatched in any game I've ever seen before or after its debut.

Depends on when you consider people to start, by game or by year? Some people could have played the GameCube one, but well after games like City Folk or Wild World had debuted. I started in 2002 myself, simply because it was the only legal Nintendo Entertainment System emulator available. However, quickly after I started, I fell in love with the game, it's got charm that's unmatched in any game I've ever seen before or after its debut.

Mostly by the time the game actually came out.

Soon after Population Growing's release in 2001. Ah, the good ol' days. Still have my save, play it every now and then to remind myself that my childhood is gone.

I'm not completely sure... The game I started with was City Folk, but I think I started in 2010.

i can't remember when exactly i first started playing ac, but it must've been before 2007 because i got ww for christmas that year and i had played the gamecube version before then.

i think ever since 2002 or 2003... i was a lil kid back then, so i've been playing for close to 15+ years now.

Since the Gamecube Version in 2002 I guess! I've been playing as long as I remember. I must've been like 5-6 when it came out.

I picked up the very first Nintendo DS when it first came out, and Animal Crossing: Wild World, which came out a year later in 2005, I also got immediately. It just looked too adorable to resist! Unfortunately I didn't game much before this, the only other system we had was a PlayStation 2, so I didn't know much of the previous AC games (though I did play it on my friend's systems after I had gotten Wild World). So that was like 11 years ago xD back when I was a little tot. So I was 6 at the time. Loved it ever since!

Wild World. But I "played" played NL for the first time. That means I got really into it and stuff.

I started with CF in 2008. But I have had all the games at some point. I just got rid of my WW game a few weeks ago, but I still play my CF towns once a month or so. Just basic weed pulling & seeing who moved in & out.

City Folk in 2008! Although I watched my cousin play Wild World all the time and I like played through her(?) kinda

I started with the GameCube game in 2002--a couple of weeks after the game's release. I still have my original town, too.

Almost seven months on new leaf and I've played for one and a half years on both city folk and wild world. I feel like I'll probably play animal crossing for the rest of my life <3

As of Population: Growing! for the GameCube. It's one of my earliest memories with the GC and the appeal has stuck with me since then.

Back