How fast can you read?

181, 100% comprehension. I tried my best to read at my regular pace. Which I think is pretty accurate (slightly slower than average?)

329 wpm and 73% comprehension. Thats pretty good considering I usually have to read through a text a couple of times to absorb the information.

𝟻𝟿𝟸 𝚠𝚙𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝟽𝟷% 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗
??𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚒 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔

837 with a 91% comprehension. I gotta say this reminds me of those book tests from school.. and I didn't mind it. <3

I’m actually a pretty slow reader lolol, but I think a lot of it comes from always re-reading parts of books so that I can clearly understand what I just read (I don’t know why this is a thing, I think sometimes that I just don’t entirely digest what I’m reading and sorta space out).

I think I’ve also slowed down with how fast I read because, ever since after college, it had been really hard for me to enjoy a book due to college focusing so much on hyper-analyzing books. It made it to where I had a hard tome really focusing when reading and actually enjoying to read, but hopefully this will change some day!

i didn't take the test (i hate these things lol) but for me it's never a question of "how fast do you read" it's "how much am I interested in what I'm reading and how much can I concentrate"

something I'm interested in? probably fast. I don't count words per minute, but I could burn through a 400 page novel in an afternoon.
something boring? slower than a snail. It takes me probably 1-2hrs to get through like 10 pages of textbook reading (though I have to stop a lot to look up side things or take notes, etc.)

I do skim very quickly, though. comprehension lies probably in the low 50% area but I usually like to skim first then do a detailed reading.

(I also read faster with my glasses on. 100% unproven fact btw)

207 with a 91% comprehension.
I believe my biggest problem is that when I read I say the words in my head. I don't just let my mind comprehend the words in front of me, but instead internally vocalize each word individually. I do this for two reasons: 1, it helps me with comprehension and 2, I am easily distracted. What I mean by distracted is that my mind tends to wander almost involuntarily. Reading tends to set my mind off into imaginative tangents. This happens in the classroom, too. Therefore, I tend to do the same thing by repeating what the instructor says in my head in order to stay focused on the lesson instead of going off into my own world. It is not fool proof, but it does help.
Ha. Not gonna lie, my mind almost wandered off just reading the short passage. Don't know what set my mind off (maybe the driving talk), but it is quite easy to do.

455 words per minute, but with a legible font and a more engaging text I'm sure I'd do better.

Probably very low comprehension because my brain refuses to memorize things, especially when they're that boring.

Last edited:
i have really slow processing skills and believe im dyslexic, but havent been tested! so pretty slow !

Back