• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you all arrange your storage?

I'm curious because of the lack of proper labels in the game, only ABC/symbols on
secret storage
I'm pretty bad at it especially when it comes to furniture! Arggh. Right now I have clothes in A, tools/handhelds in B, nothing in C (saved for trades). Then furniture kind of-ish by series in the symbols drawers, plant furniture, and some hybrids.

*Grumbles*

i go furniture, shirts, pants, glasses/accesories, hats, helmets, dresses, shoes, socks, flowers/flowerbags, perfect fruit, regular fruit, tools, fossils and gyroids :p

My secret storage: First category, I just throw in all my clothes here.

All the rest are empty unless I have orders that need to be held.

Then, my dressers are mainly items for orders placed on BTF. My first page is a few handhelds and stuff I like to use if I'm with a friend in town.

I tend to put clothing under A (for Apparel), furniture under B (Building!) and fruit, plants and flowers under C (...for..Nature *shrug*)
Secret Storage is mostly for things I want a secondary character to have in the future and unorderables. I have one section for my characters, and split the others between Gulliver, different event items, fortune cookies etc.

Im not a huge fan of keeping pages and pages of clothes, furniture or anything that I can simply just order through the catalog again.

Same. After keeping any clothing/furniture item I found even just remotely cute or useful, I've now started only keeping things that I actively wear or want to display soon.
I honestly find it much more relaxed, because having to leaf through pages of dresses made choosing outfits time-consuming and stressful. I prefer just having a small set of looks for each season, then selling them and ordering new ones once it's over.

A - I put all of my clothing in there. (I have an order, my ocd is overpowering me and will take over the world)
B - I put ores in there/spare flowers which i need more of
C - basically storage.

I made a spreadsheet for storage - one for letters (post office) and one for secret storage. I print it off (one for each character) and keep track of it in hardcopy. I like to be able to look at it while I'm playing and don't want to have to worry about having my computer near. I try to sort things by type (furniture series, clothing types, etc.), but I'm not always successful.

Closet storage:

A1-6: furniture, wallpaper/floors, shirts/dresses, pants and shoes
B1-5: in the same exact order.

I have furniture in A1, so B1 and C1 are all furniture, and A2 is wallpaper, so B2 and C2 are wallpaper... you get the idea lol

and I tried to do the same in my secret storage but I get lazy so it's just a mess

i use the secret storage for furniture and misc items like slingshot, balloons, etc.
the regular storage i use for clothing, wallpaper and flooring and gardening stuff.

I don't organize. I simply just organize the furniture I will use later in a different storage slot lol

I use my main storage mostly for all the things i dont want and plan to sell and the very last one i keep paper.
In my extra i have one section used for furniture/items i want to use in the future, one for bushes/plants/mushrooms for sale, one for starts that i'm going to use in the future and one for clothes/handhelds

My closet usually is
A: furniture, wallpapers, flooring
B: clothes, accessoires, umbrellas, etc.
C: gardening, tools, fruit, bugs, fish

my secret storage is one big mess but I don't access it as often anyway haha

A is clothes, B is furniture, C is special items like villager pictures and holiday giveaway items.

I only keep my un-orderables/plants in storage. I sell the stuff that I can re-buy. I don't own many clothes in game because most of them are re-orderable.

My secret storage is a lot more organized then my regular storage. I keep all of my saplings, bush starts, tools, hybrids, and fruit in my secret storage. Everything else is kinda just thrown around in my regular storage.

There?s no system I just throw everything wherever there?s space. I used to have a rigid system but I found it took too much time to keep organized. I don?t really keep much, either. I just went and sold most of the items in my storage because I knew I might want it later but at the moment I have no space for them. I?ll just order or buy them again when I need them.

None of my items are organised on either of my games in both the closet and secret storage, rip :p
I wish I could bring myself to be neater since I'm a neat freak irl but I just have too many items to bother ;;

Normal storage is gardening stuff, flowers and things for trading.
Secret storage is clothes, accessories, miscellaneous; mostly unorderables that I'm too paranoid to get rid of.

A is clothes, B is furniture, C is special items like villager pictures and holiday giveaway items.

C should be Clothes because of the letters. Along with A for afurniture and B for bspecial items hahaha

I generally end up just tossing things in randomly and then regretting it when I try to to find anything.

Now that I have the secret storage room unlocked on all of my characters, I keep the locker empty so I can fill it with perfect fruit to sell later, or with fish/ bugs that I can sell later (I really like fishing early in the morning before Retail opens because the music is so peaceful).

As for the secret strage room...

Spade- wallpaper, flooring and tools
Heart- shirts, pants, dresses, accessories/headgear, socks and shoes
Club- furniture, music and gyroids
Diamond- extra hybrids, saplings, shrubs and fertilizer

clothes, then furniture, then any other items I might have
secret storage is packed with gardening supplies haha

My stuff is all over the place, the only thing in order is I keep my tools/handhelds all in the first two pages of A in my storage so they're easier to get to. But besides that everything else is all over. Right now I have all of C filled with candy. All 6 pages.

Back