• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do I "clear my void" if from what I've read it's a myth?

girishia

Bells
So I didn't know time travelling with a second character would affect the main save file - and when I loaded the main save I noticed Peanut had moved out. She sent me a letter and everything. I had 10 villagers before that. I really don't want to accidentally drop her into someone's town, and because I play bingo I often visit other people's towns :(

Visit another town that already has ten villagers. It's worked for me every time I've wanted to stop a villager from being moved to another town. *cough*Quillson*cough*

It's absolutely not a myth, lol. And you can successfully clear by visiting someone one with ten villagers like Flutterlove said :)

Yeah, the 2nd character is still connected to your town. TTing will affect everything. Everyone else said it already but just visit someone who has 10 villagers. I can confirm 100% that it is not a myth. lol I got a hideous duck from someone's void a few days ago. She crushed my blue pansies. Still mad about it tbh.

You can never clear your void. I know this because Amelia the second character to move out of my first town moved into my second town over one year later. I know it was the same one since she mentioned she came from there.

You can never clear your void. I know this because Amelia the second character to move out of my first town moved into my second town over one year later. I know it was the same one since she mentioned she came from there.

I can also confirm this was the case for me too. I had Charlise move out months ago (August or September, she was only in my town for a few days total) and kept visiting towns with 10 villagers to clear my void. I was shocked when my boyfriend told me a couple of days ago that Charlise moved to his town. Charlise mentioned being in my town previously to him. Thankfully, he didn't seem to mind her moving in but I'm still really shocked. :(

^ would explain why freckles, one of the first villagers to move out of my main town, suddenly moved in to my second town.

This is why I always plan who moves in once a villager is on its way out.

Tbh if I didn't let cookie move in I'd love having Peanut as a void move in.

hm... so the best thing I could do now is visiting someone with 10 villagers and hope for the best?

Oh and btw are campers always original or did I just picked up a voided villager? I have Grizzly camping in my town today and he mentioned that my town's native fruit is the same as his home town so he'd feel at home if he moved in. Or something like that. Sorry for all the newbie-bish questions :(

hm... so the best thing I could do now is visiting someone with 10 villagers and hope for the best?

Oh and btw are campers always original or did I just picked up a voided villager? I have Grizzly camping in my town today and he mentioned that my town's native fruit is the same as his home town so he'd feel at home if he moved in. Or something like that. Sorry for all the newbie-bish questions :(
I've had about five different cycling towns and have probably cycled through every villager in the game at this point, and clearing my void in my main town has always worked for me. I have heard of similar cases like the ones mentioned above though, where the voided villager hangs around for months or even a year and shows up in a friend or family members town. I have no idea how or why it happens but you may as well try clearing yours anyway, it seems like it works more often than it doesn't.
and yes, all campers are original. that native fruit line is just something they say :)

^I think cycling towns are less likely to get voided villagers because because of the constant move-ins/outs that decrease the chances. That doesn't mean it's impossible, you just have a lower chance. ^^;

I'm really starting to think that clearing your void isn't 100% foolproof as people have claimed. So how does it really work? Most guides I've read say clearing your void is a guarantee, but I personally don't think that's the case sadly.

I'm trying to make sense of the void after getting 3 void move-ins. From what I've seen and read:

(Please note, this is based on my own experiences and what I've read. Your experience may vary!)

You will not get a voided villager if:
a. you have 10 villagers
b. you have 9 or less villagers and are adopting another villager that is in boxes (adoptions will most likely trump void move-ins -- but be aware if you had a villager that was not adopted, they may appear in the adopter's town the next day)
c. you have 9 villagers and visit another town with 10 villagers **if both people have had every villager adopted out**
d. you do not streetpass/wi-fi/visit anyone (unless you are adopting a villager -- see b above)

Ways to get a voided villager move to your town:
a. you have 9 or less villagers
b. you have 10 villagers but 1 is in boxes (the adopter can have someone in their void who may set up their plot in your town the next day -- see here under BananasInOnesies post towards the bottom)
c. connecting via streetpass, wi-fi, or visiting someone without the intent of adopting (but the other person has not adopted out a villager in the past)

A is self-explanatory. With B, the voided villager could be one that has moved out of your town long ago and it is not the most recent moved out villager as shown here. In my personal experience, I had 5 villagers move out after Charlise and constantly visited towns with 10 villagers. Despite this, my boyfriend still got Charlise a few days ago. With C, it's the way I got Tex via streetpass and Pinky from a non-adopting visit to someone else's town.

What are the circumstances of purposely trying to get a voided villager? Of course, you must have 9 villagers or less but what about the other person? Since voided move-ins do not have to be the most recent villager who moved out, how does anyone get a voided villager?

Either way, I think it should be important for everyone to say if they had every villager move out was adopted so one can know the risks prior wi-fi/visiting/streetpass. Void move-ins are still a mystery. Again, this is mostly based on my experiences getting voided villagers so you may have experienced this differently.

i have four towns total, I meant picking up voided villagers in those towns FROM my cycling town, just to clear that up! c:​

Ah, okay! That makes sense. ^^

Back