• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how did you meet your partner? 💕

Tinder. 😂

Her profile said she hates online dating and only used apps long enough to verify you're not a murderer, so I asked her to meet me for a pint in a bar near the monument her profile picture was taken at. We had a few drinks, laughed a lot, and I asked if I could kiss her. I'd been single and playing the field around the time I met her and meeting someone as sweet as her was the kick up the butt I needed to grow-up and stop messing around. Even without knowing I had a second date with her I went home and told others I'd been involved with that it was over.

It's not a romantic story but it's one that worked. We've been together a good while, we have lived together for the past year, we own our house and we have animal children. We're very happy. 😊

I was on a dating app in 2020, looking for my ex's profile to see if he made one for official reasons (you may pm me if you'd like to know why, I promise I'm not some psycho). I saw a pic of this guy wearing a beanie leaning against a motorcycle. I love motorcycles so I was like okay I'll swipe. We talked the day I dumped my motorcycle for the first time and he reassured me. We added each other on Snapchat and then didn't talk for a month.

Fast forward, the poison ivy they think is on my hands is actually dyshidrotic eczema. I wear cotton gloves and lather my hands in lotion. They're covered in blisters and look angry. My one date I go on tells me I "belong in the walking dead". I post a Snapchat story about my struggle with eczema. Motorcycle guy comments that he also has eczema, and reaches out to me to reassure me. We talk. I invite him on a date to go hiking at a spot between us. He says he was waiting for the proper words to ask me.

We get there and immediately his voice is gorgeous. We're walking and I'm wearing my cotton gloves. He says, "I'd hold your hand if you'd let me," but I'm insecure from the last dude. "With the gloves?" I ask.

"Your hands can't be that bad. I have eczema too. I'd hold them." I remove my glove. He holds my hand. We sit on a rock in the stream and talk all evening. Then we go to Sheetz and get chicken and sit in the trunk of my SUV. It's dark outside but no one is around.

I ask if he wants to cuddle in his backseat. He says sure. We cuddle for no reason. I've literally just met this man. We share our first kiss. I agree to have a second date with him watching "Hardcore Henry" two days later.

Two days later we're dating. The movie is really weird.

It's been 3.5 years. I'm gonna marry my motorcycle man.
Post automatically merged:

Tinder. 😂

Her profile said she hates online dating and only used apps long enough to verify you're not a murderer, so I asked her to meet me for a pint in a bar near the monument her profile picture was taken at. We had a few drinks, laughed a lot, and I asked if I could kiss her. I'd been single and playing the field around the time I met her and meeting someone as sweet as her was the kick up the butt I needed to grow-up and stop messing around. Even without knowing I had a second date with her I went home and told others I'd been involved with that it was over.

It's not a romantic story but it's one that worked. We've been together a good while, we have lived together for the past year, we own our house and we have animal children. We're very happy. 😊
I need to know what animal children

I met him thanks to my best friend.

Back in April of last year, I lost the majority of my friends after my girlfriend broke up with me. Two months earlier, I started becoming friends with this guy who became close with my best friend from elementary school as well as my best friend at that time. He helped me through a whole lot of terrible stuff, and I am eternally grateful for him.

Anyways, I started spending more time with those two and their friend group. One of those people was my current boyfriend. One of the first things that I learned about him was that he was also trans-masc, and we became friends very quickly for that reason.

As fate would have it, I was placed in the same homeroom as him, and the majority of my newfound friend group, at the beginning of this year, so I spent pretty much every second of every day with them. As a result, I developed feelings pretty quickly. Also, we were cast as a married couple in our school's winter production. Our drama teacher is the best wing-woman of all time.

One of the first people I told was my best friend's crush. She was an incredible wing-woman. She helped me with dropping hints, figuring out if he was interested in me, and when we did find out he liked me back, planning how I would tell him. I told him at the beginning of October, with the help of origami hearts and my wing-woman holding back our nosy friends. He reciprocated, and we've been dating ever since.

I'm so much happier with him, and my current friend group, than I ever was with my ex-girlfriend and the friends I made through her. These people are so incredibly sweet and loving, and there are not enough words in existence to express how much I love each and every one of them.

I met my best friend (and now boyfriend) through social media, Instagram to be exact! I’m not sure if these kinds of accounts still exist, but back in 2017-2019, there were accounts dedicated to helping people find and make new internet friends. You’d DM the account any info about yourself that you wanted potential new friends to know (your name, age, gender, interests, hobbies etc) and an optional picture of yourself, and the account would post what you sent them and tag you, and anyone who was interested in maybe being friends would send you a message!

I was feeling lonely back in 2017 and wanted to make some new friends, so I reached out to a few of those accounts. My now boyfriend was one of the many people that reached out to me, and we immediately hit it off! We bonded over our love for Melanie Martinez, certain youtubers, experiences we’ve had etc! It was never awkward or uncomfortable with him. We pretty much skipped right over the awkward small talk phase of getting to know someone, and right into being friends that felt at home with one another! We talked almost every day. I had never had a friend that made me feel so safe and comfortable before him. He taught me how to create boundaries with others, and showed me that I’m capable and deserving of being loved. I am so grateful that I responded to his first message, and so grateful that he reached out to me. I truly don’t know where I’d be without him. 💕

We’ve spent the past few years “jokingly” flirting back and forth with each other. And by jokingly, I mean we both meant everything we said, but we said them as jokes in case the other didn’t actually feel the same way. He’s called me his wife, and I’ve called him my husband. We’ve talked about getting married, living together in an apartment with our cats, how we’d want to decorate our apartment, and anything and everything in-between. I had the biggest crush on him for so long, but thought he didn’t feel the same way since he’d go on dates and talk to me about them, and because I’m, well, me LOL.

I finally decided to stop being an idiot the other day and told him how I feel, and he actually felt the same way!! Turns out his friends, family and co-workers knew how he felt about me before I did. 😭

It’s not the most romantic story, but it’s our story, and I’m so proud of it! I’m gonna shut up now because I fear I’m turning into one of those girls who talk about nothing but their boyfriend xnsjxnchbc, but I love him and I’m so excited to see what the future has in store for us!!

OKCupid

It’s still pretty new, 5-6 months, (is that new? I feel like its still new, I’m still possibly in a honeymoon period but he told me yesterday he feels like we’re over “the hump”). But we seem pretty committed for now and he’s the only guy I’ve ever dated who has had conversations with me about how we can be better equals/partners so I’m very happy at the moment:)

I had been in New York for 11 years, and that’s a totally different dating scene! So about a year ago, I was interviewing for jobs back in California, my home state. While I was visiting, I set my profile location to California in anticipation. (I know some people complain about people’s profile locations not actually matching where they are, but I was on my way back for sure!) Anyway, he messaged me around that time and I must have missed it, but over the summer I was back on the app again because I was moving in the fall, and stumbled across his profile. We have some common interests in neuroscience (which neither of us are directly involved in anymore but still fascinated by) and then also movies and other things and just hit it off really well:) Our first date involved a tasty dinner and then a meandering walk and really long lovely chat. Our second in-person date he offered to spend some time with me while he was running (because both our schedules are just so awfully busy and it was the only time he could find!). I HATE exercising lol but I really liked him so we met up and I got very lost finding the place, and so he had finished his run and then we had a long walk and talk instead (it’s easier to talk when you’re walking anyway!)

There have definitely been a few ups and downs… my friends were all a little bit worried at me for a second there a couple months in… but we worked out the earlier miscommunications/misunderstanding and somehow we’re still making a lot time for each other and are very very happy :) Fingers crossed that it stays this way 🥰

so we met on twitter, i had posted some of my art for a fandom we were both in and they went and liked it. i checked their profile and at the time i really wanted to make friends, andd i saw they had their discord tag and so i added them and they accepted me. we talked for a little bit. i thought they were cool. (we met on my 17th birthday btw.) i honestly thought that'd be the only time i ever talk to them bc I'm bad at dming people and making friends, but i saw on their twt they posted something about wishing they were better at dming peoprl, so i felt bad and dmed them again. a few days later i made my own discord server and invited them, bc i find it easier to talk to people in a server rather than 1-on-1.

we got along very well and got close really quickly. they had a girlfriend at the time, but a few days after we started talking they broke up cuz it wasn't working out, but stayed friends (and theyre still friends!). then they got feelings for me, and i got feelings for them a little before that. after a few days they started joke flirting with me then later that night i confessed first and a few days later we made it official (on the day before Valentine's day)! i admit we went into it REALLY fast, but we've been dating for over a year now and have a very healthy relationship, much more healthy than the other 2 relationships i had where i waited.

its still just online; ive only ever had online relationships. but we're planning on hopefully meeting up this year or next ..

we met through discord/mutual friends :)

i was going through it over a failed “situationship” (for lack of a better term) and i had reconnected with one of my old childhood/college friends and he was there for me when i needed someone to talk to. he invited me to his discord server to help me make friends and get my mind off of things. i wasn’t too active and would kind of just hop on vc with them when i was bored and only when somebody i actually knew was on, but apparently my boyfriend took an interest in me fairly quickly after i joined and our friends called it too (i had no idea).

he went almost a year without trying anything, no flirting, no advances, not even a corny pickup line, no obvious indication that he was even into me. he said he wanted to be respectful and give me space because i was still going through it over the other guy 😩 it was one night where i popped into vc and then left after a couple minutes because i was sad or something, then he dm’ed me asking if i was okay and eventually admitted he had been interested in me for the past almost year, asked if he could take me out to dinner when he came down to visit in a few weeks (he was 6 hours away). it was really funny because i had texted our mutual friend just a week before asking who in the discord was single and into women, hoping his name would pop up (which it did). i thought our friend got the impression that i was interested and mentioned it to my bf which was why he dm’ed me and confessed but that wasn’t the case. his friend did not get the hint that i was trying to get info on him but he already knew my bf liked me so he was just trying to put in a good word for him by mentioning that he was tall 😭

i was still apprehensive about getting into anything romantically and i thought i could handle something casual but i am not wired that way and catch feelings lol. he’d send me voice messages instead of texts after i told him i liked his voice, which turned into daily phone calls and video calls. he ended up cooking me tacos for our first date since i constantly talked about craving them and all these little things just add up and i folded.

we made it official like 3 weeks after the first date and he eventually moved down to be closer to me so we see each other almost every weekend (work/school/schedules permitting). it’s my first relationship so i’m super thankful for how patient and understanding he has been with me and getting to fulfill all the cute relationship things i’ve been wanting (like matching pj’s, shoes, bracelets, pfps, etc). we are going to disneyland soon for our anniversary :blush:

i met my love through instagram which is wild to me considering the type of clown you see in every instagram comment section lol.

we went to the same show and i tagged the bands in my video on my story, which the bands shared. he followed me and i followed him back since hey same show same music taste. i share what i'm listening to on my story quite often, and he commented on one thanking me for getting him into a new band. we've talked every day since. 🥰

Back