How did you discover animal crossing?

Discovered the GC version over at a relatives house in canada in 2006. just sat on a shelf gathering dust, booted it up and played it, I fell in love instantly, when I got my DS in 2005 I brought WW asap and from there it caried on until I brought NL. the only game versions I don't own is HHD and the GameCube version.

you know what...i can't really remember how i heard of it. i feel like i had always heard of the title animal crossing, but i wanna say it wasn't until 10th grade (2008) that i heard more about it. i moved schools and made different kinds of friends. but i wasn't a gaming person back then, apart from the sims and a left 4 dead 2, which i played with my close friend.

what i really can't remember is what led me to choosing animal crossing when i decided to get a 3ds. i've mentioned it around here a couple of times, but i got a 3ds to play pokemon x. they were having a special deal where you'd get pokemon x for free if you buy the 3ds + another game, so i chose ACNL as that game! i swear i must've watched some let's plays or something but at the same time i feel as if i didn't watch new leaf LPs until after i got into the game?

so yeah, long story short, i decided to get it as my first 3ds game (and my first AC game), and here i am!!

I think I originally discovered it randomly by looking at 3DS games on Amazon. I tend to get really depressed and loaded with anxiety, and after seeing a lot of reviews by people with the same issues as me stating how the game helped them feel more calm and relaxed I decided to try it. It also helped that I've always liked games where you can customize and design things, and I also love animals.

I started with ACGC and loved it. I kept my town going for almost two years. Once in a while I'd use another memory card to make another town to visit since I didn't know anybody else that played it.

Then I just stopped playing even when new versions came out. I started again after watching Chuggaaconroy's ACNL Let's Play on YouTube.

My first game was ACGC. I was five years old, the game had just released, and I was sick at a friend's house. I was watching her play something while I was waiting for my mom to come get me. I had no clue what the game was called, all I could remember from it was her house and how amazing I thought it was, and I had that image stuck in my head forever until maybe a year later when I saw the cover of ACGC at the store and I just knew that was the game I was looking for. I owned my original copy up until last year when my ex decided he was going to steal my video games while I was in the process of moving and pawn them all. I have a new copy, but it's not the same. I never played Wild World much, since I just didn't have that console at the time, but I have every other game and love them all so much, but nothing will ever compare to ACGC to me.

I started on WW.
I think it was back when I ran out of games to play and I was looking for new games. Absolutely fell in love with the series and I now collect AC things xD

My first game was the ANWW and then ACCF now the ACNL, I new about this game through my best friend who had a ds before I did and she recommended me to play, and ever since then I continued with the series xD probably not going to try the new one that's coming out soon, cuz I don't have a wiiu Dx

I started on the original gamecube version. I got hooked by making diary storylines about the evil villagers I hated (Queenie and Jane) as well as the ones I loved (Aurora) up until my gamecube stopped reading disks years later. I haven't played Animal Crossing until last week when I digitally downloaded New Leaf. Aurora is back in my town, and Queenie is not. Good has prevailed!

My first game was the ANWW and then ACCF now the ACNL, I new about this game through my best friend who had a ds before I did and she recommended me to play, and ever since then I continued with the series xD probably not going to try the new one that's coming out soon, cuz I don't have a wiiu Dx

Happy Home Designer is for 3DS :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I started on the original gamecube version. I got hooked by making diary storylines about the evil villagers I hated (Queenie and Jane) as well as the ones I loved (Aurora) up until my gamecube stopped reading disks years later. I haven't played Animal Crossing until last week when I digitally downloaded New Leaf. Aurora is back in my town, and Queenie is not. Good has prevailed!

I used to do that too! Lol they need to bring that feature back in the next game, I miss that xD.

These are all very interesting stories, thank you all so much for sharing! I read every single one :D

I had absolutely no interest in the game until my best friend saved up her money and bought it for herself earlier this year. I didn't even own a 3ds prior to this, but it prompted me to sell my WiiU and use the money to buy a 3ds. I got the game for my birthday a few days later.

i worked at gamestop when NL launched, and I remember getting a ton of customers that came in to buy it.
I had heard of animal crossing before, but never played it. after we sold out multiple times through the week
(and we were a store in an incredibly dead mall, so this was rare) i decided it was time for me to try it out. c':​

Two of my friends had Wild World and showed me how everything worked and I thought it looked pretty cool so I got it and I've been playing ever since! Neither of my friends play anymore though.

I can't remember why, but my parents decided to buy me a Wii. As we were buying it, I was looking for games to buy. At first I was going to get some Nintendogs game, but then I saw the cover for City Folk and I wanted that instead.

my two brothers had the game before me they showed how what to do after i started playing

I was recommended Harvest Moon by someone for the DS so I got it. I wasn't a huge fan so I googled it to see if there was a way to make the days longer. I think somewhere there was a rec for Animal Crossing and when I went into the store next I looked for it. I bought a copy (WW) and started it up.

I remember that I didn't know that it went by in game days so I didn't click that it was day during my daytime and night during my nighttime until I spoke to one of my villagers late at night and they said they had been waiting all day to talk to me. Haha.

My first game was New Leaf :3 Back when it was still fairly new, I kept seeing screenshots of it on Tumblr, probably because of the cute/kawaii blogs I follow :p It definitely looked like the kind of game I'd enjoy- making friends with cute animals, designing your own house and clothes, and whatnot ^u^ So last year I finally got it, and the rest is history XD

Wild World was my first game. It was displayed in an electronic store alongside a DS and you could test-play it there.
I had so much fun playing it there for hours and finally got it the following Christmas.

I saw how cute some of the villagers were and how much you could customize your town! (I was very behind on the hype though as I got my first copy in 2014, haha)

I decided to get it for my Gamecube when I was 12 or 13. I think it was maybe a gift but something I wanted? Anyway I played the original for years, and now I'm getting back into it with New Leaf. Never bothered with the 2 in between.

My first game was New Leaf. My friend let me play with his copy and recommended it to me. I thought the villagers were very cute so I bought it.

Back