• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

how can i improve?

Togekid

✰ 𝚃𝙾𝙶𝙴&#120
Bells
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Blue Mote of Flame
hi!

im new to digital art, i just drew this and would be interested in any tips anyone has on how to become more sophisticated. i have a cheap tablet but it's a bit jank and the lines dont really work atm lol :p
togepi-and-goodra.png

Marill-and-Camerupt-without-Background.png

Last edited:
wow, i love the lines! they really make your art pop out, the facial expressions are amazing too! try adding backgrounds?

Any advice I would offer would depend entirely on your goals, if you could detail any goals you have with art it might help?

wow, i love the lines! they really make your art pop out, the facial expressions are amazing too! try adding backgrounds?

ok will do!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Any advice I would offer would depend entirely on your goals, if you could detail any goals you have with art it might help?

my goals are to be able to draw pokemon in any position and make it look believable - mainly i want to know how to improve shading to add depth to the colouring for a start :lemon:

What art program are you using? Some times different art programs can effect ya work.

Oh, this is some thing that I do, try to stay away from using black outlines as sometimes it can overpower ya piece. Use a different shade that is darker then the inside colour, example is with your purple behind Togepi you can use a duller shade of purple for the outline.

I don't have much art tips ^^' so hopefully someone that is more experienced in digital art will be able to give you some more tips~

What art program are you using? Some times different art programs can effect ya work.

Oh, this is some thing that I do, try to stay away from using black outlines as sometimes it can overpower ya piece. Use a different shade that is darker then the inside colour, example is with your purple behind Togepi you can use a duller shade of purple for the outline.

I don't have much art tips ^^' so hopefully someone that is more experienced in digital art will be able to give you some more tips~

ok, i'll give that a go! i'm using paint.net, thanks for the tips :lemon:

added a new drawing! :lemon: tried my hand at shading but dont think i got it right ngl

Back