• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How best to get a villager to move out?

Giere

The Adventuring Mayor
Bells
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
Pokéball
Pear (Fruit)
森
Cake
I have a full compliment of villagers and want some to move out (pic below is outdated). What is best to get them to move out?
I have a toy hammer, a few pitfalls, and a net.
Do you get called anything for tormenting undesireables? (Like 'Bug Star' and 'Green Thumb', only 'Jerk' or 'Bully'?)

I ran into a situation like this yesterday (love this web comic) http://awkwardzombie.com/

don't hit them with nets, it doesn't do anything to help. The best way is to befriend them and make them your best friends. The animals I talk to the most often are always the ones who ping me that they want to move.

Last edited:
Alright, I wasn't sure if nets were doing anything. I've tried pitfalls to no avail, ended up burning through my stockpile for capture the umbrella just trying to get PeeWee to move out. I then obtained a squeaky hammer, but after hitting him a bunch he still didn't move away. If anything, he just requested more illuminated crap for my town! I then tried ignoring him completely, didn't talk to him for a week, but he still was as happy as can be. He is a hermit by heart, I guess, and never even cared that I didn't talk to him, replied to his letters, or did anything for him. I even went out of my way to answer the worst things, opposite of his personality, whenever he asked me questions.
And yeah, Sholee, that seems to be the case. Everyone I've befriended always tries to bail on my perfect town, and constantly, too! I say no one week, and the next week they are begging me to let them 'go sling turf in the war in the next town over'. Does anyone else run into this? It gets frustrating that undesirables seem to be the only ones that care to stick around.

Tangent: Is anyone able to get a tan? I never was able to get one all summer long.

I love all my villagers and are constantly talking to them, mailing letters, doing tasks, trading, house visits etc.

Every couple of days one of them asks to move.

Tangy has given me her picture two times. In the last month, she has asked to move 3 times.

Become their best friend and eventually they will ask to move.

The above post is correct!
I once had someone in my town that I REALLY wanted out. I kept ignoring her hoping that she would move.
She refused to move for a fairly long time until I started talking to her. Once I talked to her and did a few errands, she asked to move.

Last edited:
I want to be the opposite of nice to the hamster. Can't i just throw him over the waterfall instead?

The above post is correct!
I once had someone in my town that I REALLY wanted out. I kept ignoring her hoping that she would move.
She refused to move for a fairly long time until I started talking to her. Once I talked to her and did a few errands, she asked to move.

Wow, that's interesting. I had always assumed ignoring them was the way to go.

If a villager you don't like moves in, talk to them only once, when their still in boxes, then wait until they ping you

Back