• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Hot Take (?): This forum site is better than Nookazon when it comes to trading

Would you rather trade on...

• Total voters
I trade on both sites, and see the positive sides of both.

Nookazon is a polarizing experience at times because sometimes I think I'm just done with it because of the amount of people I encounter that ghost you after starting up a trade. It's my go to place to sell off villagers that I cycle through since I can sell it on there the fastest. But the amount of times I have opened my gates for someone I was just communicating with, and I'm left there waiting forever, sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But then on the complete flip side, I have encountered extremely generous traders that gift you such lovely presents with their trades. Like my 2 recent trades had a person gift me 40 wrapped presents for 2 NPC photos I purchased from them, and they all ended up being more NPC photos that I had on my wishlist! Then my most recent trade was a villager trade that gifted me a genuine statue in addition to the NMTs that was already being offered. So not everyone on Nookazon are greedy. There are sweet people on there too.

I of course love TBT for the community aspect of it. I have traded on here, and have met an outrageous amount of super generous people holding dynamite giveaways. It's just difficult to find a time to trade as quickly as I'd like sometimes, so that's why I've stuck to Nookazon to get my items fast. Also, since I've discovered how adorable some of these site collectibles are, I'm trading less with TBT since I want to save them up for all those collectibles I have missed out on earning (it's still technically my 1st year here in the forums). So it all depends on what trade you can have patience for. But surely, I find people here on TBT much more friendlier & kind. I find it to be a great community to be a part of. 🙂

I always trade here I do not trust doing so on nookazon has I have heard so many bad experiences from people online here and also from friends I know IRL.

Both have their pros and cons, but I'd say. I feel like Nookazon's quality went downhill a bit? Trading feels a bit cold and I'm not even gonna talk about how ad-riddled the site is. I've had my Nookazon account for almost a year and I still don't know how the site works 100% - Honestly, it's just too confusing. Also not a fan of how outrageous the average prices are for certain items... I think the only good I see in Nookazon is that it's quick way to get rid of my items and villagers (and I've also earned a ton of IGB and NMT from trading).

Trading on TBT feels a lot more nicer and welcoming, and I always enjoy doing trades here. My only gripe is that it always felt redundant to make seperate threads and then not using them once you get the items you want - With Nookazon, you can just make a listing and it'll disappear once the trade is either completed or cancelled. I also use TBT as my main form of payment here, which is easy to get simply by making posts, but I'd still like to keep some of mine. At least with Nookazon, I can spend my IGB and NMT and it'll still last me a while.

I have never traded on Nookazon, though I have looked into it. I have heard not-so-good things about Nookazon. Plus everyone on here is so kind and generous. <3333

I don't really play ACNH that often anymore (but haven't completely put the game down), I'm still fairly new to TBT, and have only used Nookazon for trades during my peak active time with the game, so my experience is very much one-sided

That all being said, I think it depends on what you use Nookazon for; I used it only for standard item/furniture trades/purchases/cataloguing and my experiences were positive! It was fast, most people were very nice, and many of them even threw in extra gifts and items that were on my ISO! I also like that you can create custom ISO lists that anyone can view so it makes it a lot faster to see what someone is looking for
I stayed far away from the villager side of Nookazon as I'd seen and heard enough infamous Nookazon horror stories to not bother with it 😅

I don't have a reference point for "prices" of items/villagers (I don't really like the idea of putting a price point to villagers but that's another topic...), but even during the peak New Horizons craze I could see that Nookazon's prices where too much at times
I do also agree that the onslaught of ads is very off-putting, so I greatly appreciate TBT for that aspect

Again my experiences are limited here, but overall I haven't had any issue with Nookazon (their official Discord server was completely toxic though)
I personally don't trust the villager aspect of it and I'd recommend staying away, and while it was fast there wasn't a whole lot of "mingling" as most people would kick you the moment the transaction was done or would expect you to leave immediately, but for quick item exchanges or buying it'll do 🤷‍♀️

honestly i don't think i'd ever use nookazon. i imagine there are tons of lovely people on there but i've always been put off pretty quickly by some of the asking prices for items/villagers. and some of the horror stories about the site are pretty bad so i'll just happily stick to bell tree for any item wants tbh, especially with how friendly people have been here

i use both, nookazon is faster than bell tree just because of the instant messaging feature, but nookazon community is nowhere near as friendly as bell tree. if i want something quick, and only one item, i'll use nookazon in a pinch. any other reason, i'll come here. i also prefer using TBT for items rather than IGB.

I actually prefer Nookazon. It is expensive if you don't have a lot of IGB / NMT but I do so, and everyone on this site just wants TBT. (also the "i have everything aka i go to treasure islands" shops to scam the TBT system is a no from me.
Nookazon is way faster too. I've only come across a rude/troll like 2/3 times and have over 1,000 trades done on there.

People on here are much much friendlier though and if I had to pick one and couldn't use the other, I would pick TBT :lemon:

For me personally I always lean more towards Nookazon for a few reasons......Whenever someone wants to buy an item from me, it means they're going to buy it right there and then. I don't need to wait for our timezones to align. And equally I can easily see if they're online at the same time, and if I can't be bothered waiting for them I just cancel the trade. It's not as easy over here

Back