• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

🍈🌱 honeydew days~ 🌱🍈

Island/Town Name
honeydew
Hemisphere
South
ahhhh just wanted to say i LOVE the star fragment lined path leading to your house, with the hardwood lying on the ground as well! so cute and cozy

ahhhh just wanted to say i LOVE the star fragment lined path leading to your house, with the hardwood lying on the ground as well! so cute and cozy
omg rly?? thank you ;o; my house entrance is possibly my least favourite place atm.. idk if you watch studio ghibli but there are these lil soot sprite characters which carry lil stars and i was planning to put patterns underneath the fragments so it looked like that too :'D

deardiary-png.251077

date: 27/4/2020 to 3/5/2020
i've finally caught up on all the old events i wanted to write about! therefore this one will summarise the entire week so far, but i'll keep it short as i can!

not sure why but this week i keep seeing villagers sit their lil butts everywhere. i give them chairs & benches but trees will always be their favourite space... sigh
i also managed to sit with bill by the river~ possibly my favourite moment of the week
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 4.48.19 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 4.47.58 pm.png

i also caught this hilarious conversation between tammy and zucker, some of my fav villagers so far

the may day tour happened~ i totally forgot that they were going to take away all my items (aka my star wand) so i ended up having to do the entire tour naked. haha!
EXEul2BU0AADbKE.jpeg

i also saw this viral tiktok and learnt how to lie down in a field of flowers! it was tough as i had to redraw my own pattern to match the fall grass but i must say, it love how it turned out :')
EXEu52IUcAMcRbH.jpeg

EXEu52SUcAI3f2R.jpeg

lastly, an island update~
1) i built a crafting services area for online play! i kinda like it but kinda also not sold on it - it may be a temporary feature until (pspspsp brewsters cafe) other buildings pop up.. i hope
EXEul2NVcAA8d00.jpeg

2) and here is my flower nursery! i will likely add more decorations but i think this is the general vibe i finally wanted~ sleepy florist hard at work (?)
i also really gotta start organising flower watering clubs.. but it's hard since my schedule is often filled with university work ;;
EXEu51_VcAAvdpy.jpeg

i made heaps of changes to my journal layout this week.. let me know what you think :')

Last edited:
okay but my favorite thing is the way henry sits on the ground immediately next to a chair LOL

love the update, and the flower nursery area is so cute! <3

omg I keep viewing ur journal and forgetting to comment DX but omg love ur island! it looks so pretty *_*

okay but my favorite thing is the way henry sits on the ground immediately next to a chair LOL

love the update, and the flower nursery area is so cute! <3

yep.. and hes situated literally between TWO chairs too (a garden bench and iron chair) but refuses to walk 1 extra block HAHA
thank uuu aa ;u; now i just need to get hybrids growing there... lolol

omg I keep viewing ur journal and forgetting to comment DX but omg love ur island! it looks so pretty *_*
aaa it's really only pretty in the 3 areas i've decorated but sksdsl thank you <3 , a big fan of your island too so im honoured!!

deardiary-png.251077

date: 4/5/20
i had two mid-semester exams today so unfortunately didn't get much done except for daily chores ): i did happen to have a lot of adorable villager interactions today though so i wanted to post anyways!

tammy fell asleep by the park (once again, not at the benches..) but it was still adorable so i tried making a gif of it! (my first time in 3 years since i left tumblr.. but it was easy to remember since i used to make gifs like everyday back then lolol rip)

tammi2.gif

i also played a little prank on tex today idk why i think this is so funny haha :') but he laughed along with me and i gave back his seat straight away so we're all happy bois~

but in other news! i FINALLY saw a villager for the first time ever sit at the designated benches bahahaha and bunnie actually didn't run away from me so i had time to take some pics too!! (look at her smug lil face hehe) but it's unfortunate that i mostly play at night otherwise the lighting would've been so much nicer
EXK-8LLU0AA8INw.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL the gif of Tammi sitting on the floor next to the bench. tbh I love that your villagers do this its so cute and funny. and I love the gif!! adorable update :love:

This journal is precious and so inspiring.
I'm trying to create one of my own but I'm not quite sure where/how to begin!

LOL the gif of Tammi sitting on the floor next to the bench. tbh I love that your villagers do this its so cute and funny. and I love the gif!! adorable update :love:
aaa thank u!!! its kinda frustrating but also an adorable quirk of them.. i dont mind it that much anymore actually HAHA and honestly if you ever want me to gif your villagers too send me a vid and ill do it in like 10mins hehe

This journal is precious and so inspiring.
I'm trying to create one of my own but I'm not quite sure where/how to begin!
awww thanks heaps!!! glad to hear other people are getting inspired from this?? i think the most important thing is to figure out what you want keep for your own memories/keepsake.. it'll be easy to start writing entries from there on :) I wanted to document my villagers & island development so thats what my entries are mostly about! aesthetics or diary format can always be edited so those things will never be set in stone~ its always nice to take inspo from all the diaries here, everyones is so unique ;u; hopefully i get to see yours around here soon too!!

omg rly?? thank you ;o; my house entrance is possibly my least favourite place atm.. idk if you watch studio ghibli but there are these lil soot sprite characters which carry lil stars and i was planning to put patterns underneath the fragments so it looked like that too :'D
wait I didnt see this response but ahhhh are you kidding, spirited away has been my fav movie of all time since I was a little kid!!! I love that idea <3

deardiary-png.251077

date: 6/05/2020
today i decided to work on several things on my town! first of which was my entrance to the flower island (which you've all seen was just a stump and trash before haha)

EXPqWlTVcAEM83q.jpeg
i ended up catching audie taking a smol break in the mod 60's yellow dress i gave her. i think it matches her eyeshadow & grandma backstory pretty well :)

EXPqH4NVcAEPgsj.jpeg
some of the plants are still growing but this is the setup i have so far.. still contemplating what to put on the other side of the entrance (an extra bench looked like too much) if you have any suggestions let me know~

finally i was thinking about my house entrance when i suddenly had a rush of creative ideas. i don't plan out my town you see, which im soon understanding is a HUGE mistake because i realised that the entrance i wanted.. was actually 20 blocks away from where it would've looked much better and cosier 😭 😭 😭 originally i wanted a "secret" entrance of sorts to my house but it took much too long to run back and forth and now im absolutely regretting the 200k i dropped on the incorrect locations...

EXQ6HAVUwAItGWb.jpeg

EXQ6G_3U8AENr3S.jpeg

where i want my entrance to be

EXQ6HAdU8AERKMz.jpeg

where it actually is.. RIP
i have also come to the realisation that there are about 3589358 other islands named honeydew that are cottagecore themed... combined with my house entrance dilemma i believe today is what most would call..
E X I S T E N T I A L A C R I S I S A H O U R S
moral of story: plan out your towns dont be silly like me and also dont think of your town name 10 mins before animal crossing releases <3 good night its 2am lol!

Last edited:
oooo for across from your bench, i've personally been really loving putting down a log stump and placing a butterfly/bug model on it! i did it at my entrance and it adds such a nice touch. and when in doubt, i love a good garden rock, log stakes, or lighting of some sort like a street lamp or garden lantern ^^

also i really love how you've put mum cushions throughout your river :love: its almost like giant lily pads

wait I didnt see this response but ahhhh are you kidding, spirited away has been my fav movie of all time since I was a little kid!!! I love that idea <3
oooo for across from your bench, i've personally been really loving putting down a log stump and placing a butterfly/bug model on it! i did it at my entrance and it adds such a nice touch. and when in doubt, i love a good garden rock, log stakes, or lighting of some sort like a street lamp or garden lantern ^^

also i really love how you've put mum cushions throughout your river :love: its almost like giant lily pads
omgg yess ghibli fans UNITE ;u; when i finally put the soot sprites down ill post a picture here hehe and aaaa thanks for the advice!! i actually really like that idea of a log stump + butterfly model and i have 3 butterflies saved up rn but just waiting for flick to visit lolol

deardiary-png.251077

date: 6/5/2020
so, i moved henry's house out of the flower island. i haven't decided where to place my 10th villager yet so i just plopped his house on the beach randomly as a temporary home. i was kinda feeling inspired by @meggtheegg so i tried decorating it for fun and... i kinda liked how it turned out?? a lot?? now i don't know whether i should permanently keep it there hmm.. shoutout to megs amazing island & journal go check her out <3

here are some pics of what it looks like (i added some more flowers later on)! feat. beau

EXVdqTiU4AcsSVS.jpeg

EXVdqTgUMAMKeAX.jpeg
i actually spent a lot of time with beau today for some reason, gave him a new outfit and all too! and another pic with zucker.. if you can't tell all my favourites are lazies aaa

EXVdwKdVcAMp7SR.jpeg

EXVdqThUEAc0ytB.jpeg

i did 5 hours of writing lab reports today so i rewarded myself at the end of the day by holding a watering flower party for celeste's recipes.. prayers for lil green mums to pop out please!! here was a lil extra visitor on my island O:
EXVeTppU4AENxxq.jpeg

Last edited:
ahhhhh yessss you killed that beachfront house! it looks so cute! i love the shell furniture there and the pop of color from the cosmos it's super cute! and i think it seems fitting for henry <3

lazies are def 1 of my favs as well, i had beau on my new leaf island for a long time and pwesodilfkjsd the way he looks in the overalls aaaaa

and i love ashdewcrossing's ideas as well! a flower wagon or water pump or wooden bucket would look great there as well!

deardiary-png.251077

date: 7/5/2020
today was a pretty chill day of playing~ i did some more decorating for henry's beach house and i think i might leave it as is for now!

EXaErZpVcAE6qvO.jpeg

also finally finished decorating on my flower island entrance after like 3~4 days, lmao the fact that im so indecisive just for a 8x5 block of land.. rip
and thank u @AshdewCrossing and @meggtheegg both for giving me inspiration!! i ended up incorporating both of your wonderful ideas and i think i really like it ;u; makes SO much sense to put a 2nd flower wagon since it's nearby a flower field anyways,,, just waiting for flick to come so i can make a butterfly model to go along with it~

EXaErZlVAAABKeY.jpeg

ended my day by funding the new entrance to my home! i haven't been making too many bells lately so i decided to go on a fishing spree as C.J so happened to be here. weirdly enough i somehow managed to catch 3 sturgeons on a normal day?? i also caught my first football fish - thought it was funny how instead of lighting up the fish tank when you click it, it turns on the bulb on its head LOL
EXaErZRUYAEBbp7.jpeg

the man who basically funded the staircase himself congratulating me! lol

aaaaaa the beachfront house finished product is beautiful!! 😍
And the wagon and the log stool + butterfly combo are gonna look so pretty and fitting there!! (And i love seeing audie in the background)

Back