• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

hi !!

lovelace

normal villagers are good for the soul
Bells
hi ! call me libby (she/her pronouns if u please) :0 i'm new here, but i hope we can be friends !

i became a fan of the animal crossing series after new horizons, but i'm definitely planning to get some of the older games in the future ! my fav thing to do atm is collect villager photos because they are adorable and the sense of achievement u get when a villager gives u their photo is unparalleled. unfortunately this means my island is a lil bit of a mess due to a lack of interest in making it look better, but hey,, u win some u lose some <(_ _)>

looking forward to some fun times here !! have a lovely day everyone & don't forget to take care of urselves <3

Welcome to the forums Libby!

I agree getting photos from your villagers is so nice! 💖 Do you have a favourite villager that has given you their photo? Any other favourite villagers? 😊

Welcome to the community. I hope to see you around. I love receiving photos of villagers, but I’ll admit that I cheated a bit. I just wrapped random expensive gifts until they gave me their photo.

Last edited:
Hello Libby, welcome to the forums! ^^ Have you decided what AC game you'd like to try next? I've only played New Leaf (and HHD) and New Horizons, but I've been thinking about doing a casual playthrough of Wild World at some point too.

Welcome to the forums Libby!

I agree getting photos from your villagers is so nice! 💖 Do you have a favourite villager that has given you their photo? Any other favourite villagers? 😊
hi ! yes, i'm super fond of marina in particular :00 i was so happy when i got her photo. do u have any favs ?

Last edited:
Welcome to the community. I hope to see you around. I love receiving photos of villagers, but I’ll admit that I cheated a bit. I just wrapped random expensive gifts until they gave me their photo.
helloo :]] and whatever works, am i right ?? for my part, i've set progress back more times than i can count to give my villagers some wardrobe variety, which probably does not help w getting their photos, but,,, oh well hehe ( ̄︶ ̄*)
Hello Libby, welcome to the forums! ^^ Have you decided what AC game you'd like to try next? I've only played New Leaf (and HHD) and New Horizons, but I've been thinking about doing a casual playthrough of Wild World at some point too.
i'd love to play new leaf next !! i think it'd be fun to go in reverse chronological order since i started w new horizons ^^

New Leaf is a pretty fun game. Unfortunately in older games, though, villagers can just randomly move out. It’s a bit stressful when you have dream villagers that you want to keep. Other than that, a lot of people actually prefer New Leaf.

hi ! yes, i'm super fond of marina in particular :00 i was so happy when i got her photo. do u have any favs ?
Marina is so adorable!

My favourite villager is Agnes! She was my sisterly starter and I just thought she was so sweet and funny. 😊

I'd like to try New Leaf as well! I'd like to see the differences between the two games, especially things like dialogue and non-villager characters!

New Leaf is a pretty fun game. Unfortunately in older games, though, villagers can just randomly move out. It’s a bit stressful when you have dream villagers that you want to keep. Other than that, a lot of people actually prefer New Leaf.
ooh that does sound like a lil bit of a problem, but i suppose it's all part of the experience ^^ i've read that u can still use amiibo to invite villagers over in new leaf, so if i'm not mistaken abt that, then that might be a way to bring a villager u really didn't want to let go of back to ur island !!
Marina is so adorable!

My favourite villager is Agnes! She was my sisterly starter and I just thought she was so sweet and funny. 😊

I'd like to try New Leaf as well! I'd like to see the differences between the two games, especially things like dialogue and non-villager characters!
agnes is super cute as well !! sisterly villagers r so lovely <3

yes, i'd love to see how the game & characters have changed from game to game !! i'm sure characters that i love in new horizons will be nothing like how i remember them when i speak w them in new leaf, but i'm so excited to get to know them again (^▽^)

Using Amiibo cards can definitely work. I haven’t used them prior to New Horizons, but they definitely did help with obtaining villagers. I think it’s be tedious to get all of the villagers’ cards you want, though.

Using Amiibo cards can definitely work. I haven’t used them prior to New Horizons, but they definitely did help with obtaining villagers. I think it’s be tedious to get all of the villagers’ cards you want, though.
anything for the cute video game animals /j

that's true, though !! i don't think it'd be cheap, either, so i probably won't be hoarding the amiibo cards of every single villager i want, but it's nice to know there's a workaround to the whole randomly-moves-away thing (^^ゞ

Last edited:
I didn’t even think of that before your comment, honestly. I’ve been taking that feature for granted in New Horizons. I think I’d go insane trying to keep all ten of my dream villagers in New Leaf. I did play, but it wasn’t as religiously as New Horizons, by any means.

Back