Hi! Introducing myself

RosasMom

Bells
Hi All! I started playing very recently after watching my daughter play for a year or so. The game is very cute and peaceful, and who can't use a little peaceful distraction now and then, right?

My daughter and I enjoy discussing the characters and making lists of who our favorite villagers are and who we want on our islands. She told me that my first two would be a sisterly and a jock. I liked several of the sisterlys and was pretty open to any of them, but I really only like Cousteau in the jocks. Luckily the game gave him to me and oh my goodness, is he adorable!! I got Tammy and I'm not sure about her yet (I have another thread about her now - hoping for input on that), but time will tell.

I shopped via the islands to find my 1st three villagers but ended up taking ones that were not actually my first picks just because it ended up seeming quite daunting and I was eager to actually get the game started. So, I ended up with Marina for my normal, Flora for my peppy, and Cranston for my jock. I will probably trade Marina because I don't love the octopi in the game. They remind me of Plants vs Zombies pea-shooters. Anyway, once I figure out how to trade, I will likely be posting about that. I'm hoping for Ken or Lionel for my smug, but I'm pretty open to whoever the game gives me (other than Quillson, who my daughter just got rid of, Klaus because I've heard he likes to use the toilet in front of people - ew, and Rodney because ... Rodney).

My dreamies are Cousteau the jock frog, Dobie the cranky wolf (although I will have to appreciate him on my daughter's island because she is going to have him move in), any cranky eagle, T-Bone the cranky Bull, and Annalisa the normal anteater. I'm hoping to have one of each personality type with an extra cranky and extra normal. I may want to change Tammy with Katt, but time will tell on that one. My dream-team would be:
Sisterly: Katt (although I have Tammy)
Jock: Cousteau (I have)
Peppy: Dotty or Flora (I have Flora but wanted Dotty)
Lazy: Cranston I guess (don't really love any of them)
Normal 1: Annalisa
Normal 2: Vesta
Snooty: Willow
Cranky 1: T-Bone
Cranky 2: Any of the eagles
Smug: Ken or Lionel (but not overly picky)

I love the cranky personality best and don't have a favorite animal shape, although the sheep might be close to my favorite. My favorite villager that I've seen so far is Etoile the Sanrio sheep. My daughter has her and she is SO outrageously cute. Just to look at her from a still illustration, she's pretty cute, but in-game she is friggin' ADORABLE! You want to reach into the screen and hug her! I think she's largely responsible for me even playing.

Thanks so much for reading! :)

Welcome to the forums! 🌟🎉

It sounds like you’ve done your homework deciding which villagers you want on your island! I agree the game is really cute and peaceful, which I love! It’s very wholesome. ☺

I’m happy to help if you have any questions, and I hope you enjoy it here! 🌟

Thank you so much! This seems like such a nice forum. I'm on other forums for other subjects and this one definitely has some nice people on it. :)

Seeing Agnes in your signature makes me wonder why she isn't on my dreamy sisterly list. I really like a lot of the black and white ones (like Cole and Dotty), and I love Agnes. I think there are just so many villagers that it is easy to miss a few. lol. So, add Agnes to my dreamy sisterly list along with Katt. I love her 1930s vibe. I love Katt's punk thing though. That's my style of music, so Katt and I could hang out and listen to tunes and annoy the neighbors with our horrible noise. :ROFLMAO:

Hello! If you do end up deciding to switch out Tammy, let me know, she's one of my dreamies. ☺
Good to know! Thanks! Not sure yet how the island will shape up, but it is awfully fun, isn't it? :giggle:
My daughter got Frita for her sisterly and I think she got the best one. I wouldn't have thought so by just looking at her, but like a lot of the critters, she is cuter and has more personality in-game vs just looking at her picture. She is hilarious though and says the funniest things. Of course, my daughter has put in much more time in her game and so has built up the character more than I have built up Tammy. We'll see how it goes. Right now my feeling is that I won't actively try to evict her, but if she asks to leave I won't stop her. Actually I feel that way about all of my villagers so far except for Cousteau whom I adore and would beg him to stay, and Marina, whom I already know I definitely want to leave (sorry Marina). Cranston and Flora I'm still ambivalent about, but it's early days yet. :)

Welcome!

And I'm so glad to see your dreamies! And Dobie is such a awesome villager indeed. :3

Welcome!

And I'm so glad to see your dreamies! And Dobie is such a awesome villager indeed. :3
Is he not the cutest thing ever??? We are adopters of senior animals (especially cats) in our house and Dobie would fit right in with his little muzzle wrinkles and grumpy face. Plus, I love all his books. I'm a reader myself and can't imagine a more comfortable room than one filled with books. I would have wanted him on my island, but my daughter is going to have him on hers. Either way, it will be fun to have him "around." 🥰

I love playing with my niece!

she even has her own home on the island and she loves to do the tree shaking and rock smashing… not mad about that at all. Get the tickets pick the fruit and sell them! Hahahah laws don’t apply here to children who love doing it okay!! Hahahah kidding

I love playing with my niece!

she even has her own home on the island and she loves to do the tree shaking and rock smashing… not mad about that at all. Get the tickets pick the fruit and sell them! Hahahah laws don’t apply here to children who love doing it okay!! Hahahah kidding
:ROFLMAO:

Welcome to bell tree forums! I love this place it’s so friendly and everyone is super helpful. :)

Back