• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

HHD Cards are new E-Reader Cards?

uwuzumakii

memento mori
Bells
Spring Sakura
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Isabelle
Perfect Cherry
Mango
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Festival Lantern
Plum Blossom
I have noticed that the HHD cards and the E-Reader cards both look quite similar. Here is a comparison:

E-Reader Bluebear.jpg HHD Card Isabelle.jpg (Sorry the sizes are different, I couldn't find any similar ones. :p)

Now, if you look at both of them, they both have numbers that indicate they are in a set, both have a special stamp or marking, and both are in a special pose. Does anyone else see the similarities? I sure do.

Last edited:
It might just be because they are both cards for animal crossing, produced by nintendo. Hopefully the HHD will serve a purpose in future animal crossing games (aside from HHD). From what I remember using e-reader cards only got you a letter from that villager with a certain item, and those cards became pointless (though still nice for those who are fans and want to collect) once the next AC game came out :l

They look even more similar to the Japanese eReader cards than they do the NA ones...

UnRKMIo.png
6VrPgHd.png

It might just be because they are both cards for animal crossing, produced by nintendo. Hopefully the HHD will serve a purpose in future animal crossing games (aside from HHD). From what I remember using e-reader cards only got you a letter from that villager with a certain item, and those cards became pointless (though still nice for those who are fans and want to collect) once the next AC game came out :l

and rare NES games, I have the Mario Brothers one.

Yeah, it's pretty clear they're basing the amiibo cards off the e-reader cards given you know they produced the e-reader ones in the past, and already had a form factor to work from.

Back