Hey guys, new here, some questions about ACNL, and the new Horizons

RL8775

Bells
Switch
5010-5396-4243
Hey everyone, I am new here, glad to be here! I have some questions. Me and my wife love ACNL on our 2DSXl's and we visit each other all the time. I heard rumors after Horizons comes out Nintendo will eventually end the online portion of ACNL, so we wont be able to visit each others towns anymore. Would that be far away towns? Or would local still work? We arent really interested in New Horizons, as we are one of the few people who actually love our Mii heads, and we are just attached to our ACNL towns, I doubt I will want to get into Horizons the same way. Next question, I have most all amiibos scanned in to my town, but there is 2 slots that arent. I just scanned Rooney back in because he moved out. Now I have 1 slot left where I didnt use a amiibo. A few of my scanned amiibos actually moved out. My question is I read somewhere that once you scan in an amiibo, you lose the random vilager moving in ability on that slot, so for example if you scan in 10 amiibos, even if they move out you wont get any more "random" villagers, is this true? I like my random villagers too. Another question my wife followed the steps to get blue roses, but one is not growing still, any way one of us can visit someones town and get some blue roses? Thanks guys!

Hi, I am so glad to hear that you and your wife are loving ACNL! As far as I know, I do not think they plan on taking away online play for ACNL anytime soon, so I don’t think you should have to worry about that! I do not think that scanning in amiibos takes away the random villager feature as long as there aren’t 10 villagers living in your town. It is typically easier for you to get a random villager if there are 8 in your town currently.
Blue roses can be tricky! I used my first four blue roses I got and set them in a diamond shape on my beach and have found that to be the easiest way to continue growing them consistently! I am not home at the moment, but when I get home if you would like I could come and drop a couple off! :)

Thanks so much! Actually i might cave in for Horizons because eventually I might wanna try that in case maybe our Dses die etc. Ok thanks, what time zone are you in? After 8pm eastern can work fine for me! =)

1. You're correct that wifi will eventually be turned off for ACNL. I believe they've done it will all of the past game installments. Thankfully, local play doesn't take actual wifi. When you connect to local it disconnects from the wifi. It should stick around!

2. When you use Amiibos, you don't lose your ability to get random move-ins unless your own is full (e.g. has all 10 villagers). If an Amiibo moves out and you have 9, it's super rare, but you can get a random move-in at 9 villagers. If you get down to 8 or 7- prepare for a move-in. Amiibos don't lesser/eliminate the chance for villagers.

3 I'm sorry about your wife's luck with the blue roses! Unfortunately, I can't help you there, but the Retail thread has great shops where you can buy hybrids (among countless other things).

I hope this could be of some help. Best of luck! :D

Thanks so much yep that helps a lot! How do I thumbs up a post? Is there a chance of new horizons having mii heads lol

Last edited:
Thanks so much yep that helps a lot! How do I thumbs up a post? Is there a chance of new horizons having mii heads lol

The Mii question I'm not too sure of, lol.

As for liking a post- just click the thumbs up button on someone's post!

Eastern, let me know a good time tonight I can open my gate I?ll be on. Sent you a DS friend request

Eastern, let me know a good time tonight I can open my gate I?ll be on. Sent you a DS friend request

Hi, so sorry! I will be available today if you are!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey so sorry I already got the blue roses, thanks anyways! I sent you a ds friend request! :) Thanks again tho. Feel free to visit any time

Hi, so sorry! I will be available today if you are![/QUOTE]

Hey so sorry I already got the blue roses, thanks anyways! I sent you a ds friend request! :) Thanks again tho. Feel free to visit any time

[/QUOTE]

No problem, I'm so happy you got them! I will add you :)

If this thread is still active, I have a question. I've been trying to do the rustic theme for two of my houses. I can't seem to get over the 200,000 mark on either one. I've used moridb list, thonky list and a list on gamfaq, with no luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Lyle says the exterior is perfect, but the interior has very little rustic theme.

I have done the antique theme on one of my houses using strictly thonky.com and I'm almost at 2 million. Lyle says interior and exterior are 100% antique theme.

If you have any insite in this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you 😋

Back