• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Help! Town name ideas?

Peril

All of You are Horrible
Bells
Red Candy
Cherry (Fruit)
As you may know, I am getting Animal Crossing: New Leaf soon. I want your opinion on giving me a new town name. The town theme is mostly canine related, so I'm thinking of getting all Wolf villagers... I think of naming it either: Wolftown, MoonCry... Any other ideas? I seem to be stuck at thinking more town names. Remember the character limit of town naming is 8.

I'm not sure about a town name, but for the rest of your canine themed villagers(Only 8 wolves in new leaf), use dogs that go well with the wolves. If you care about personalities, you would need a jock, uchi, peppy, and lazy. You can obviously only have two of those, but just throwing it out there.

I'm not sure about a town name, but for the rest of your canine themed villagers(Only 8 wolves in new leaf), use dogs that go well with the wolves. If you care about personalities, you would need a jock, uchi, peppy, and lazy. You can obviously only have two of those, but just throwing it out there.

Yeah, I'm going to mix it up with wolves and dog villagers.

If I were making an all dog or wolf town, I'd name it some like Bones or Hydrant or Kibbel. Since your town sounds like it'd mostly comprised of wolves, I'd go with something like Lycandra, Roadkill (if that's allowed), or maybe Howlsberg. It really depends on the kind of names you like and what kind of town you're building. Like Roadkill would be better suited, I think, for spooky town full of wolves and Lycandra would go would with a silly fantasy-esque town. Howlsberg could with pretty much type of town as could the more dog-related names. These are all things to take into consideration when naming your town.

"St. Lupo", lupo means wolf in Italian, and adding the St. makes it seem a little more legit I suppose haha

"St. Lupo", lupo means wolf in Italian, and adding the St. makes it seem a little more legit I suppose haha

I like that one a lot, though Lupo by itself would be good too. :)
I also like Moon Bay. It's a pretty name, but also something you might have to think about to get the pun.

You should name your mayor Isabelle, lol
Moonshine.
Weretown.
Pup...Scrapton.
Moon Bay is the best name, though.

Last edited:
Would Nintendo even allow you to call a town Moonshine? It's illegal alcohol.

It's past the character limit anyway, but
Kristoph_Glasses_Push_1.gif

there are ways around the censors.

I like moon cry and moon bay ;) also like cherry and butch/Mac to go along with your wolves :) good luck!

Back