Heads up - Bug Off

Blizzard

Top Flake
Bells
For those who play in real time, another Bug Off is approaching. Normally I have a good amount saved up, but I thought the last one was the final one. Anyway, if interested get those nets out. What bug has won you top prize? Now I know why all the Villagers have been asking me for bugs. Sigh.

I don't know how the bug-off works... we gotta catch bugs beforehand? (or is that just a good strategy)

Lucky me! I forgot to empty my box on the dock last night so I have a few I can save for this Saturday. I was surprised to get that bulletin, too! Thought the previous tournament was the last one.

I go to the island for several evenings before the event to catch beetles. Write down the size of the bug as you catch it and save some of the larger ones for the Bug-Off and sell the others to Re-Tail. Size plays a part in what score you get from Nat, but he also factors in luster/shine, but there is no way of knowing what each bug will be. If you get at least 80 points and it is the high score at the moment, Nat will give you a special bug related furniture piece. Save any Golden Stags or Horned Hercules to the last, these are the grade A bugs. Good luck.

I go to the island for several evenings before the event to catch beetles. Write down the size of the bug as you catch it and save some of the larger ones for the Bug-Off and sell the others to Re-Tail. Size plays a part in what score you get from Nat, but he also factors in luster/shine, but there is no way of knowing what each bug will be. If you get at least 80 points and it is the high score at the moment, Nat will give you a special bug related furniture piece. Save any Golden Stags or Horned Hercules to the last, these are the grade A bugs. Good luck.

Yet another night on the island. Honestly I never knew if it was necessary to keep track of sizes. Is that mainly for tournaments?

I don't know how the bug-off works... we gotta catch bugs beforehand? (or is that just a good strategy)

It's strategy. Also if you are busy that day turn in some low grade bugs for prizes then start giving better ones towards the end. Having some stored saves you from running around all day.

Yet another night on the island. Honestly I never knew if it was necessary to keep track of sizes. Is that mainly for tournaments?

Just for the tournaments. Keeping track of the sizes doesn't guarantee anything since luster/shine gets thrown into the mix also, but it helps a little.
I think the fishing tournaments will be easier since they are size based only.

Back