Have you ever broken a bone??

I fractured the top of my foot while playing soccer in high school. It was near the end of the season of my senior year so I was sad that I missed out on my last ever games.

for someone who is a gymnast and does track, i’ve surprisingly never broken a bone! i think the worst i’ve done is sprained my toe, which i did by jumping into the shallow end of a pool and pointing my toe, which caused it to go head on collision with the pool floor, ouch

So far just my little finger on my right hand, I jumped off a swing as a child and it got caught in the chain and snapped backwards. Funnily enough though my mum didn't believe the pain I was in and never took me to A&E so for about two months I couldn't move it. Luckily healed on it's own but it doesn't move as easily as my other little finger and always feels a little stiff but most of the time I never even notice it.

I used to be really skinny as a kid/teen. When I was around 8 years old I was running at full tilt at a friend's place. Unfortunately I ran across their driveway which was little more than just tire grooves in the grass. I tripped over the bump in the middle and fell onto the small hill on the other side. All the force went straight into my left arm that I put out to brace myself from the fall. I don't remember any crack or snap sound, but I do remember an intense pain followed by a scream. I broke both bones in my left arm. Thankfully they didn't puncture any skin but the normally straight part of my arm very clearly had a good curve to it.

The first hospital I went to didn't set my arm right in the cast the first time, so a week later I had to go to a different hospital to have it reset/broken again. So I had to wear a cast an additional week because of it. I don't mind too much though cause today you can't even feel where the bones were broken now which definitely wouldn't have been the case if they didn't go back and fix it a second time for me.

Back