Have you ever been to the Hospital for the first time for something serious?

I've never had surgery, broken a bone, or had a serious injury. But I've been to the hospital once.

First and only time I've been to the hospital was in 2010. I was 17 and a senior in high school. I was going to commit suicide and two cops stopped me. Took me to the emergency room in an ambulance. I ended up spending a good amount of time in a psychiatric hospital.

12 years later and I'll be 30 in June. Still struggling with depression but I know I can't do that to my family, specifically my brother.

I've only been to a hospital once when I was 9. I got second degree sunburn covering alot of my leg from going swimming. It didn't hurt at first but it slowly got more painful until I had to limp everywhere and couldn't move without severe pain. Luckily the treatment I was given healed me rather quickly and only had to stay for 3 days. Now I have to use 100 spf sunscreen and be very careful when I go out.

The first time I went to a hospital for a serious injury was when I broke my foot in high school.

The second time was in 2015?16? for dengue fever. I already had symptoms for a few days but they were super mild and on and off, plus I didn't get rashes which is a big indicator, so I wasn't 100% sure dengue was what I had. But eventually I started losing my appetite. I would throw up everything I ate and couldn't even drink water without feeling nauseous. My gums also started bleeding whenever I cleaned my teeth and my joints hurt so much. So yeah, my friend took me to the hospital, mostly because I was superrrr dehydrated. As I was getting checked up my rashes finally made an appearance and it was confirmed to be dengue. Was admitted for 3 days and stayed on an IV drip. I was super itchy the whole time but I was so weak I basically couldn't do anything that first night. Oh yeah that was the first time I used a bedpan so that was fun lmao.

Had to go in and get rabies shots due to a bat bite risk. And there was the time I had whiplash so bad I could barely see straight. (don't slip and fall, kids. It sucks. XD )

When I was around 6 or 7, I woke up in the early morning with hives that pretty much covered my entire body. My dad took me to the hospital and they gave me medication that helped ease the hives over a few days. I'd had an allergic reaction to a medication I was taking at the time. I'm glad it didn't affect my breathing or sight!

when my sister and i were really young, (she was like 7-8 and i think i was 3?) she tricked me into thinking my grandpas heart medications were candy cause they were really bright blue. i took some when he wasnt looking and my sister tattled on me and my grandparents rushed me to the hospital. grandparents said they used some sort of charcoal to stop the medication and made me throw up later on. i don't really have any recollection of this since i was young but everyone in my family knows about it and i've subconsciously had a fear of taking pills for most of my life until just recently. now i can take any pill without crushing it up like a big kid now

kind of? when i was around 7, a friend dropped a concrete slab on my foot. i wasn't wearing socks or shoes, and it was obviously agony. i hobbled the 10ft back to my house wailing and had to have my foot put in the sink because my big toe was bleeding like crazy. my mom took me to the hospital and i had an x-ray but, miraculously, nothing was broken whatsoever. my toe was perfectly fine; after a few weeks, my big toenail started to go black and ultimately came off in my tights at school one day, but that was literally it.

guess you could say i've been the lucky one so far. my sister was hospitalized around the same age after an accident during a school trip that caused her to injure her... downstairs pretty severely, and my brother broke his knee/leg while playing football a few years ago.

meanwhile the only other times i've been to the hospital were to visit family, for orthodontic appointments and to have a tooth out.

I've been to the hospital when I got eyebrow issues. The doctors quilted my eyebrow so my eyebrow is fixed now.

Back