Has anyone ever made fun of you for playing Animal Crossing?

Baboom

Bells
A neanderthal guy I met at a meetup made fun of me for playing it and said I should be playing Monster Hunter instead. He couldn't understand why I'd enjoy talking to 'cartoon animals' and watering plants and said it was for kids... I can't help but think people with that attitude have no imagination or creativity and have completely lost their childlike spirit... I actually pity them. :(

The worst thing is I saw him posting about how great the new POKEMON is on Facebook! ;) LOL like Pokemon is so much more mature just because it has fighting in it. I like Pokemon too but the fantastic writing in Animal Crossing is far more witty and hilarious for adults and the characters certainly have more emotional depth. :)

Last edited:
No one has made fun of me about it before; I had a few friends that played Wild World, but two summers ago all of us stopped and never talked about it again. I don't really want to talk about it, to be honest, because I don't want them to think I'm crazy and think it's just a "child's game." Sometimes feel like I shouldn't play it in middle school, and there's a possibility I wouldn't be playing Animal Crossing anymore if I hadn't found out about this site. Everyone older than me has kept me playing and knowing that Animal Crossing is really a game for all ages! :)

This immature twelve year old girl without any eyebrows made fun of me for playing Animal Crossing. I told her to die.

Yeah. From someone who has two copies of the ****ing game and played for a week.

This immature twelve year old girl without any eyebrows made fun of me for playing Animal Crossing. I told her to die.

1381269156815-999084683.png
Did she hit you too or something?

We beat each other up, if that counts. I made her cry, but she deserved it. This isn't the only thing that she's done.

A girl who sits in front of me in homeroom did this.

Girl: You play ANIMAL CROSSING?!
Me: Is it any of your business?

Not really made fun of per se, but two acquaintances were kind of skeptical due to its name.

"What's Animal Crossing?" and they shared these strange looks.

I told them it was a cute game with animal neighbors, you can build up a town, plant stuff, decorate your house, and all that stuff.

One of them asked if we could play online or with each other, and I was like "Yeah, we can visit each others towns and stuff."

And then they left it at that.

Oh, and that's about as close as I got to "made fun of" but it's rude in general to make fun of anyone for playing a game they like.

Last edited:
I've been asked why a 19 year old girl plays a game made for 5 year olds but that's it

Yeah some chav at my school used to bash games like Minecraft, The Sims, and Animal Crossing, because he thought they were for little kids. He used to say mock the graphics.

Really close minded people shouldn't be playing games that require creativity anyway, so they can stay away :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Though, might I add that I really don't care that people think the game bad, because I, and you all know it's not :)

my "friend" (quote friend) asked why i play a game made for kids leik wat r u a 3 yr old or sometihng. her comment kind of made me laugh considering she's calling me childish when she's the one who still watches disney channel.

This kid told me he was bored with New Leaf after two weeks and hasn't touched it since then, but that's about it.

my "friend" (quote friend) asked why i play a game made for kids leik wat r u a 3 yr old or sometihng. her comment kind of made me laugh considering she's calling me childish when she's the one who still watches disney channel.

There is nothing wring with the Disney channel ;-D
Although, I see your point - HYPOCRITE comes to mind in that case.

Ive also been asked why do i play a game that's for kids. It annoys me that people think its a game for young kids or something. :c

So far, nope. I noticed when I collected street passes from my college campus, plenty of people played Animal Crossing NL.

I don't think a three year old can fully understand reading the dialogues in Animal Crossing (you can tell your friend that, lol). While I prefer Cartoon Network or old Disney Toon channel, I don't think there's nothing wrong with her enjoying the Disney Channel. But you can always tell her that you're not complaining about her watching a kids channel, so she shouldn't complain about you playing Animal Crossing. :)

Yes, actually. I was talking to my friend about it a few weeks ago (he is also an avid AC player) and this one girl just freaked out. About a week later, I got a completely opposite reaction: I was drawing a scene at the caf?, and one girl who sat next to me at the time peeked at it. I was nervous at first, but then out of the blue she said, "Nice picture! You know, I can't seem to know how to get a part time job there. Any advice?" We exchanged friend codes, but she never came when we scheduled something on that game. Guess she changed her mind.

But yeah, I don't really care too much if people hate me because I play it. It's a free country! (Well, partially :p)

Back