Harry Potter themed town brainstorming

happycamper

Bells
Hi, im currently playing with the idea of buying a second digital copy of acnl so I can do a harry potter themed town. What are some ideas for it, or does anyone know of any harry potter themed dream addresses I could gain some inspiration from?!? Heres what I currently have
I plan on naming the town Leviosa, and having a seperate section of town dedicated to each of the four hogwarts houses, and having a character from each house. I want my mayors name to be Luna, since Mayor Luna of Leviosa has a nice ring to it. I also want all my characters to be female.
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

sorry, i dot have any ideas, but i would love to see how this turns out! sounds like a great idea

You'd definitely have to work a lot on the train station, (like landscaping wise) maybe a lamppost or whatever. Something to convey that feel of coming out of the London station and into the woodsy area of Hogwarts. Or whatever it's called. (I never read the books and I only saw a few of the first movies when my sister didn't want to see them alone) I should watch the remainder some day!

Thanks! Im planning on starting it soon so I can hoard stuff while I focus on my current town, but I am super excited about it. Im a huge harry potter nerd.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@theduke55 ooooohhhh yeah the train station will definitley be a good place for landscaping since they ride the train into school. Im thinking of getting a map where all the buildings are at the top near the train station so its a little town like hogsmead in the books and movies!

There used to be a HP town called Owl Town that was awesome. I don't think it came back after the WA update, but there are two videos about it here: one and two .

I linked both, since each video explores parts that the other doesn't. Anyway, you might get some ideas from them, and there are so many other possibilities. I'd love to visit your dream when it's done!

Your villagers could represent some of the animals and mystical creatures in the series:

Phoebe = Fawkes
Fang = Fang
Katt or Tabby = Crookshanks
Rizzo or Samson = Scabbers
Avery or Pierce = Buckbeak
Henry or Prince = Trevor the Toad
Piper = Hedwig (?)
A horse = Centaur

I ran out of steam towards the end, but I think you get the idea.

You could make a really nice Gryffindor common room with the fireplace and gorgeous chairs and sofa. And since you're making all female characters, maybe leave the round glasses on a table somewhere as if Harry just took them off.

In any of the houses, you can have lots of large bookshelfs and book laying around. And some creepy cauldrons for potion making.

I'd be really excited to see your town when it's finished. It's a great theme.

And I found a Harry Potter themed DA in the Official Dream Address thread. I haven't visited it yet, but here's the info.
Town name: Azkaban
DA: 4C00-0018-DC41

Definitely get some of those lab themed items like the beaker full of green liquid. Don’t remember what it’s called off the top of my head. Mix those with the creepy cauldron and you have the potion’s dungeon in a basement somewhere. Add some weird coking ingredients in the room for effect.

Also have a plant room for a herbology greenhouse obvs. I’m a little taco bell addled right now, but I can probably come up woth a few more ideas later.

Maybe keep one of the creepier villagers to represent the deatheaters? Like Roscoe is super creepy.

Back