• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

happy villagers!!

Charcolor

icon: mayor maker by kyoosh
Bells
Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
one of my favorite things to happen in acnl is when a villager changes their shirt to match another villager, and both villagers start humming! i love seeing them happy!

what do you think of it? i know a lot of people don't like it when ugly shirts become a trend, but personally i don't mind, as long as i can see them humming! it's so cute!!

Omg yes! I love their little happy dances and whistling the town tune it's so adorabLE

I don't care what shirt they change into as long as it makes them HAPPY!

When they both walk away, whistling and smiling... it is always worth it!!!

So cute! :) :) :)

Depends on the shirt for me, as much as I like to see my villagers happy I like it even better when my town doesn't look like a cult.

Sparro shares his school jacket with Julian and Julian shares his catchphrase with him: "Aw how cute, they are just the best of friends even if the shirt isn't the best choice for Julian and 'glitter' as a catchphrase is more of a hassle to get rid of than actual glitter."

Rory moves in, shares his periwinkle tee with half the town in less than two weeks, and leaves quickly: "Evil cult leader! I see through your wicked scheme and shall purge your periwinkle plague from my town no matter the cost! Even if I must void every villager wearing it..."

Ahaha, I really do love when villagers do that!! :blush: But I have one exception of a time..

I think it was Boomer who started wearing the Beatnik Shirt.. but then he gave it to Goose, and then Pompom started wearing it..
HNI_0087.JPG

Soon Dizzy started wearing it too..
HNI_0011.JPG

And shortly I had over half of my villagers wearing the Beatnik Shirt in my town until it was gone after three months!!

..It definitely is really cute when villagers match each others' clothing, it's so adorable when they're happy-- But sometimes it can go so out of hand that you almost become annoyed when you see them change into the shirt.. LOL

Last edited:
I never had the fortune to see the humming and happy dancing,

seriously? some of them will do it right after you trade/give them something, especially the uchi villagers...

although to me it sounds like whistling more than humming...

Last edited:
It rarely happens in my town, but once Rocco gave Antonio the happi tee- which looks like this

download.jpg

It looked like they wanted to start some sort of crinimal gang! I also got one but I didn't wear it.

I think their happy dance/whistle thing is cute, but sometimes shirts can get waaay too popular.

A while back, somebody moved into my NL town who was wearing the dark polka tee. I think it was Fuchsia, but I can't remember. Anyway, soon Olaf started wearing it. Then Poppy. Then Flurry. Then Merry. Even my mayor had it. It got way out of hand, but eventually it died down.

When I auctioned Flurry, she was wearing the shirt. Now I worry about it spreading in the winner's town...

well, most of my villagers are wearing or have worn the genie shirt or the fishing vest. they are diseases I'm trying to get rid off. it's cute when they change into non-ugly shirts and are happy tho ^^'

I never had the fortune to see the humming and happy dancing, but there's been one or two fashion trends in my town.
At one point, I think Gumdrop shirts are "in" at the moment since I saw Deidre wearing one 2 days ago and I was floored by her new look. I think she might've got it from Flora or Mitzi. Today, Mitzi changed her shirt to a green one (forgot what it is called...man I'm forgetful today) so maybe "Triple Gumdrop Force" (as I liked to call them) wasn't meant to be.

Goodness! I must keep an eye out for Rory. Out of curiosity, how many villagers have you voided purged?

I don't think you necessarily have to keep an eye out for Rory specifically, different people have different experiences with the same villager, to the point where someone will pick a dreamie based on a villager they used to have and be disappointed when they aren't the same villager they lost.

Anyway it was about four villagers, actually it was mostly tier 5 ones that I couldn't give away or ones I didn't have time to properly get rid of rather than my over-dramatic "void all who wear the evil shirt" tirade; there was Curlos of course implied by my avatar and signature, Bangle my last founder whom I eventually had to get rid of anyway, Bruce whom I probably could have given away if I tried but he moved on my sister's birthday so I didn't have time, and I keep forgetting the last one... Fauna maybe? Oddly enough I didn't void Rory, I would have but on Rory's moving day I was browsing the jvgs forum (it doesn't exist anymore but it moved so fast it was practically a chatroom rather than a forum which makes the situation all the more unlikely) and by coincidence I found someone looking for lions for an all-lion town and Rory was one of the thee lions this person needed so Rory got to move to a place where he could be a conformist to his heart's content and I didn't have to worry about some unsuspecting victim picking him up from my void.

All things considered Rory did leave a story to tell if nothing else, despite being the worst villager I've ever had I do appreciate the chaos that keeps my town from being boring. However periwinkle tees are still a trigger for me, I once saw one at someone's museum and went *glare* at it, even I don't know if I'm role-playing someone who hates that tee due to evil cults tearing my town apart or if I'm serious.

Last edited:
I've noticed uchi villagers tend to hum a lot, like when they offer you something for an expensive price and you pay for it, or giving them a freebie. It's pretty cute when their voice gets all high.

they are adorable when they do the happy dance. but once they're done, id close the game without saving if the tshirt is ugly.

the shirts my villagers copycat most often are the ones i designed that are in our town shop. so, they're shirt designs that i like...

That is adorable :) I love the hapy dances... even after an uchi has robbed me blind and dances joyfully at her success!

This happens a lot if I ever display shirt designs at the shop. At one point over half of my villagers were Team Magma members. It was fabulous.

I hate when they trade catchphrases though. It seems like it is always the dumb phrases that get spread throughout town.

Back