• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Happy Home Designer?

Truter

The Truter Brucer
Bells
So will there also be a "Super Happy Happy Joy Joy Animal Crossing Town Maker Triple Deluxe?" Lol, oh and is this game really worth it I mean I know it's not out yet but what is your opinion on it? I sure hope there's a way to transfer some homes you edited for the villagers living in your Animal Crossing New Leaf game.

This game looks pretty fun for a spin-off.

And to burst your bubble, I really don't think there'll be any NL/HHd cross-compatibility. The game is releasing in just over a month in Japan, and if there were, I feel like this would've been revealed by now, as it'd work really well for boosting sales, because it'd be a huge marketing opportunity. Not only that, but there are several features in HHD - such as rugs, placing items on half spaces that you can "squeeze" past, and even new furniture items not present in NL - so if they were going to make the two, they'd have to patch NL to be able to have all these, which I highly doubt they're going to do.

This game looks pretty fun for a spin-off.

And to burst your bubble, I really don't think there'll be any NL/HHd cross-compatibility. The game is releasing in just over a month in Japan, and if there were, I feel like this would've been revealed by now, as it'd work really well for boosting sales, because it'd be a huge marketing opportunity. Not only that, but there are several features in HHD - such as rugs, placing items on half spaces that you can "squeeze" past, and even new furniture items not present in NL - so if they were going to make the two, they'd have to patch NL to be able to have all these, which I highly doubt they're going to do.

yeah agree tbh

but i hope they'll add the HHD features (new furniture, rugs, ceiling furniture, bg sound effects, etc) to the new main AC game in the future tho

They won't be directly compatible because NL launched in 2012 with HHD in 2015 after the New 3DS and its amiibo support came out. Really, if they're both playable on the 3DS, unlike Wild World/City Folk, making them compatible with each other will be difficult, because you'd have to save the content to something like an SD card, remove the cartridge, put in the other one, then retrieve it off the card. Digital would be easier, but I have yet to switch to digital since you know, they're still making cartridges. I expect the same furniture items, with some new ones, as I saw some stacks of books and lights that aren't in New Leaf during the trailers.

Back