Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

Anyone know can Singapore 3ds play the US ver of this game?

SEA have been delay till end of Nov due to amiibo cards issue, and I've no choice but to order from amazon.
:(

I just saw this and wondered if it will be really possible to use transparency in patterns?

http://happyhomecentral.tumblr.com/post/129785131587/this-was-an-amazing-find-whoever-made-this-has

Are you referring to the moon on the wall, which looks round even though the pattern is on a square tile? My first assumption was that the pattern might have been used to customise a certain round, wall-mounted sign that becomes available when you design either the restaurant or the department store. In the playthroughs I've watched, I've never seen any transparency used and it hasn't been mentioned by anyone, but perhaps someone farther along in the game can confirm for us.

this round wall lamp/sign will become super useful :) people are already making patterns specificly for it, like round windows, planets, mirrors..
as far as i know there is no transparency still.

Last edited:
this round wall lamp/sign will become super useful :) people are already making patterns specificly for it, like round windows, planets, mirrors..
as far as i know there is no transparency still.

Do the planets have a QR code? That sounds really cool.

Do the planets have a QR code? That sounds really cool.
there are a few qr's on twitter, lemme check

here's atleast the earth, moon, an in space and underwater window.. they posted some others too, so check their twitter maybe.
https://twitter.com/papiko_tobimori/status/637865968555823104
CNoL6nRU8AEyLp_.jpg
i'm curious what other things people will create for this in the coming months.. ^^

Last edited:
Are you referring to the moon on the wall, which looks round even though the pattern is on a square tile? My first assumption was that the pattern might have been used to customise a certain round, wall-mounted sign that becomes available when you design either the restaurant or the department store. In the playthroughs I've watched, I've never seen any transparency used and it hasn't been mentioned by anyone, but perhaps someone farther along in the game can confirm for us.

Ah, that makes sense. :)
Shame though, would have loved transparency.

Ok...I must be just being dumb, but I can't figure out where to input the free theme code I got with my downloaded game.

This is probably a silly question, but can facilities like the school or cafe be edited after they're been built?

Ok...I must be just being dumb, but I can't figure out where to input the free theme code I got with my downloaded game.

You have to go to the theme shop to redeem it. If you click on the triple bars in the right hand corner there's an option to enter the code.

This is probably a silly question, but can facilities like the school or cafe be edited after they're been built?

Go talk to Digsby. It might take a couple of in-game days to unlock.

Are the villagers we get random? I really want to get Puddles...

Yes, besides the first few villagers. If you want a certain villager, you either have to wait for them to cycle into the game or use their amiibo card.

Can I change my character's skin/eye's after I made it at the start?
I love the female sparkle eyes but If I ever get bored of it can I change it on the top floor at Nook's Homes?

Can I change my character's skin/eye's after I made it at the start?
I love the female sparkle eyes but If I ever get bored of it can I change it on the top floor at Nook's Homes?

I think you can, I assume the machine is there for a reason. I have yet to try it.

Back