GUIDE: How to get Villager Pictures

I'm pretty sure it's a high level, sent them plenty of letters (with gifts) and done favors before. They wave when I say their name into the megaphone. Plus some of the items I've been given for the rare fish have been regal (worth more?).

But I am having an unlucky day with tripping etc. which might have something to do with it

Currently doing the trick where you reset after giving a villager a rare bug/fish, how many resets should I do before I give up? I think I'm on like 15 >_<

I've gotten a pic after almost an hour of resets but usually I give up after about half an hour. =_= I got flowers to water, you know?

After 35 resets, about 1h30m (been doing it while listening to a podcast) , I got Tangy's picture! I must be having an unlucky day or something. Full list of what I had to go through >_<:

regal carpet
shanty mat
capsule-toy machine
tall mini cactus
pinball machine
alpine dresser
florence flask
large magazine rack
alpine closet
breaker
ornate wall
lovely doll
regal wall
fancy doll
milk can
large magazine rack
deer scare
rubber tree
polka-dot dresser
regal sofa
Mama polar bear
lady palm
ball return
potbelly stove
bamboo flooring
ponderosa bonsai
plum bonsai
pine bonsai
polka-dot lamp
game shelf
jasmine bonsai
birch flooring
patchwork table
game shelf
alpine low table
pic of Tangy

Thank you for posting this. I have been doing everything to get the pics with no luck. I've had 2 people(Avery and Sly) come to my house but no one has asked me to get a petition signed(except Dr Shrunk,lol). I did bring Poppy a wrapped birthday present today that she said was exactly what she wanted. I can confirm that sending fruit is a waste of time. Only one villager wrote back and he just said he had no idea what my letter meant. I got good responses from sending shells ans flowers but I think they are getting tired of them. I'll keep trying and thanks again.

Just like 10 minutes ago Chief wanted a River Fish... I brought back an Aroprima or whatever... He like shat his pants...

;-; so close to getting Bettina's pic!
She keeps sending me presents, and giving me items, and visiting me without being invited!

e-e hehe at least I could say I got Katie's pic ^^

Scoot asked for an ocean fish so I got him a saw shark. First time he gave me a five lamp, one reset later and I got a pic of Scoot ^_^

Scoot asked for an ocean fish so I got him a saw shark. First time he gave me a five lamp, one reset later and I got a pic of Scoot ^_^

Good to know it works with a saw shark. I gave a whale shark to Phil and after about a dozen resets he gave me his picture. Had I known it worked with a saw shark, I could have stopped my fishing expedition a lot sooner.

Didn't even know these existed outside of April Fool's Day until last week, when Biskit gave me his for digging up his time capsule he asked me to bury a month or so ago.

Goldie: saved before presenting her with a gold-refurbished super toilet for a furniture request; pic after about 5 tries.

Ken: saved, then gave him the giant stag he asked for, very first try.

Anabelle: no luck. Got her a reupholstered watermelon chair (on thonky's favorite gifts list for her); she only gave me the specific furniture she was replacing with the chair. We're not especially close, though.

Tried getting Cube's pic after finishing a petition, but he'd just moved in a couple days beforehand. I noticed the 'quality' of his gifts was lacking-- common shirts and wallpaper instead of the regal/rococo/sci-fi set furniture more buddy-buddy villagers offered.

Trying for Molly's now. She's offering me rare items for my non-native perfect orange, and I know we're buddies, but... on my, thirtieth? Thirty-something-th? reset as we type. She's a stubborn one.

Anabelle: no luck. Got her a reupholstered watermelon chair (on thonky's favorite gifts list for her); she only gave me the specific furniture she was replacing with the chair. We're not especially close, though.

Were you inside or outside? Even if you're best friends they'll only give you what they replace if you're inside their house. Reload the save and they might be wondering outside, then give them the furniture.

i have some of my villagers who i haven't turned town requests for, i buy everything off them and send them letters every day but none of them have visited my house or given me their picture

forever hated by my own villagers

In the petitions part, near the end you said "Get their signature" instead of "Get their picture."

Back