Growing hybrids?

minigirlfriend

Bells
Arcade Tokens
I'm in the process of growing hybrids and I'm just wondering about other people's ways of doing it! How do you organize your hybrids, and where do you keep them?

A common method is on the beach to avoid random move ins from crushing your garden and then place them on diagonals so that only the 'corners' of the flowers are touching each other, not side by side.

The beach is the best place, but I have mine around my fountain atm.

I actually find that placing them side by side works better than diagonally.

Watering them everyday is helpful.

Also make sure flowers that can breed but you don't want to breed aren't touching.
So if you're trying to get purple tulips, only have red tulips touching(example). Don't let your red pansies and yellow pansies touch.
It helps ensure you'll get what you're breeding for easier and faster.

Last edited:
I place mine near the cobblestone next to plaza/town hall/train station diagonal to each other

On the beach. I also like to focus on two at a time. I might have blue roses in one area, and orange pansies in another. When I get a bunch of those, then I'll start breeding two new kinds. I also don't worry too much about how I place them. I just make sure they're touching.

Like everyone else has said, the beach works best, figure out what works best for you in terms of placement in relation to placing them diagonally, or side-by-side. :) Happy gardening!

unfortunately my beach is already decked out i nite msets for trading and/or for organizing into mail storage.

i have my hybrids in clusters by type around my town, some near my bamboo forest, some in otherwise open areas near my river banks.

i dont keep hybrids any near my train station. that way if i were to ever have a rogue trader visiting my town it makes it more difficult for them to steal any of my hybrid flowers (nothing like that has ever happened to me though so far)...

I grew most of mine on the beach using the diagonal method. Put a pathway tile between different setups so they didn't get grow together. I just water the type I want to grow. Once I have enough I move on to a different one.

Make sure to check you beach at the start and end of game play. The villagers can go to the beach and will plant flowers in the empty spots. One night 3 villagers were have a lot of fun planting.

Back