• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Grass deterioration won't go away !

dark park.

messy fish
Bells
When I recreated my town, I was aware of this grass deterioration thing, and as the city had long scraps of dirt everywhere, I immediately managed to plant flowers on them and to water the plants every single day.

Now it's been almost 2 months and it has rained and snowed a LOT but no grass will grow ! Where did I go wrong?
These brown trails really are ugly as hell, and the thing I don't understand is that the ones made by villagers houses have all disappeared, but the other ones, which were there at the very beginning of the town, didn't !

So what? Did anybody had this problem at one moment? How did you get rid of it?

You've done nothing wrong, but get used to it. :( I never run at full-speed in my town, but I have dirt all over just because I play every day. I plant a lot of flowers to make it less obvious. (Not that it really helps.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you're someone who likes paths, you can put them down all over the place.

Can you get rid of em'?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean the ones that are not created when a villager moves out

You've done nothing wrong, but get used to it. :( I never run at full-speed in my town, but I have dirt all over just because I play every day. I plant a lot of flowers to make it less obvious. (Not that it really helps.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you're someone who likes paths, you can put them down all over the place.
Guess I'll put PWPs everywhere then... I don't get it, I really thought this could get fixed!

Can you get rid of em'?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean the ones that are not created when a villager moves out

Nope, these are the ones which causes problem...

Now it's been almost 2 months and it has rained and snowed a LOT but no grass will grow ! Where did I go wrong? These brown trails really are ugly as hell, and the thing I don't understand is that the ones made by villagers houses have all disappered, but the other ones, which were there at the very beginning of the town, didn't !

So what? Did anybody had this problem at one moment? How did you get rid of it?

The ones there at the beginning are permanent. Nothing you can do about it. You can only regrow grass where it was and then was worn down. If you want to be sure, set your 3DS ahead a month and go in as a new character. All the regrowable grass will be back.

The ones there at the beginning are permanent. Nothing you can do about it. You can only regrow grass where it was and then was worn down. If you want to be sure, set your 3DS ahead a month and go in as a new character. All the regrowable grass will be back.

Well dang. Thanks for telling me though, Now I know that I'll have to make up with it for real ! Thanks again yo

Back