• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Graphics

blossoming

Bells
Ive tried to get into the game but omg the graphics are an eyesore. Maybe it's because ive been playing acnl for longer but !

tbh once i was playing city folk i tried wild world again and couldnt do it,the graphics were too bad for me. i put so many hours into that game when i was little too. i remember the days of looking up patterns online and meticulously copying them for dresses, but thinking back, i did all that to look good in Those graphics???

Yeah, it's a bit of a shock at first, but you get used to the graphics after a while. Especially if you start playing it regularly.

I would play WW with the graphics if there was more to do in the game. I personally love the pixelly short and squishy look of the WW villagers and characters and it's super nostalgic. I also miss the holidays in WW and a lot of other quirky aspects of it, but compared to New Leaf I would get bored of WW very easily because there's just more ways to customise, more items to collect, and in general more to do in NL than in WW. There's a few console games I played when I was younger that I remember super HD in my mind but when I look back at them the quality is sooo bad that I'm shocked (Pokemon Snap for N64 for example... pls do a HD remake ;_;). But I remember Wild World's cute pixel graphics exactly like I did back then and I love it.

lol agreed; i tried playing wild world again a couple of years after new leaf came out and i just couldn’t stand the graphics anymore lol

Last edited:
Wild World was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen back in 2005.

It will always be special. :)

I booted up Wild World again after I've been playing New Leaf a lot recently and I was stunned at how Wild World looked. It looked so different to me than before. I especially thought the little hand graphic on the upper left when you're selecting an option is already looking retro, which is weird to think about!

Last edited:
Back