General Introduction & About Me

koopasta

Bells
Special Snowflake
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Ruby
Leif
Jack
It seems that everyone and their mother is doing this kind of thing, so I decided that I'd jump on this crazy bandwagon, too! I may get in-depth with this, so please bear with me! Expect a bit of a long ride because I have a lot of information to give out. So, if you know me, I assure you that you'll find something you don't know. If you don't know me...hi!

The Basics
My name's Madison, but you can call me Maddie. I'm currently sixteen years old and live in the troubled hick-town of Homer City, Pennsylvania, about an hour from Pittsburgh. Growing up I had only one real friend due to the children in my town not being the best. In fourth grade, however, things changed when she moved away to Ohio. That's whenever I became sort of an outcast in my school, experiencing constant bullying and general nastiness from kids. Because of this, I've become completely judgemental of myself. I always judge my looks, my actions...everything. I went through three years of this before finally moving to a small, private school, where the high school is about 40 kids max. Unfortunately, in about ninth grade, my mom started becoming less of a mother figure to me and more of a hindrance. I won't go on about my mom, but our good relationship dissolved and still now, it's pretty rocky, having more bad days than good. Because I can't look up to a mother like that, my main role model in my life is my Physics/Algebra teacher, Mrs. McLaughlin. She's taught me how to stand up for myself in a world like this one and how to not lose hope. I'm in eleventh grade, but I plan on getting a Master's degree in cybersecurity and hope to get a military-grade job doing so. I play the saxophone in my school's concert band and jazz band, even if I don't particularly enjoy it.

A Little More Personal
I happen to have a hot mess of interests and personal preferences. For example, I love, love, LOVE rustic settings and would be perfectly happy living out in the country. Yet, I also have a love for robots, especially animatronics and coin-operated machines and trinkets! One of my lifetime goals is to visit Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum in Michigan. Marvin Yagoda, the founder of the museum, was one of my personal heroes before his passing, and I want to visit his museum and see all of the amazing machines that he had in his collection.
I'm also a lover of vintage dolls and toys! I especially love toys from the 1980s because they're absolute products of their time. I couldn't imagine a kid from the 2010s looking at a Barbie doll from the 80s and actually wanting it. If I had the funds, I'd totally start collecting!
For music, it's oldies for me, man! I LOVE Frank Sinatra, and going back even further, artists like Cab Calloway influenced my passion for jazz and blues music. Jazz noir is one of my favorite instrumental genres of music, too. I personally can't get into pop or rap or anything like that. I just feel as if older music has a degree of love put into it that modern music doesn't. Also, this may contradict what people think of the "oldies" as, but I don't like the Beatles.
For video games, I pretty much play anything that looks decent. As people probably know, I'm obsessed with Splatoon as it's the only shooter I really play due to me not really liking violent video games. I love Kirby, Mario, and Pokémon, though because of the decline in Pokémon's quality, I find myself starting to pull away from it. I also like plenty of non-Nintendo games, such as Cuphead, FNAF, and Parappa the Rapper! My favorite game of all time is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door! As for Animal Crossing, my favorite villager is Octavian! My favorite species is the octopuses, but the frogs come in at a second. My favorite non-villager NPC is Pavé! My favorite Mario character is a tie between Vivian and Bobbery, my favorite Kirby character is Taranza, and my favorite Pokémon is Goodra!
I also love to write! I'm currently writing a Splatoon story, Changing Tides, and I'm super proud of it! I wish that I could write one of my own books someday, but I doubt that will ever happen.

10 fun facts about me!
1) I can type at 120 WPM if I start getting into it!
2) My favorite book is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
3) I'm an only child, but I have two pets: Gabby, a calico cat, and Spike, a guinea pig.
4) My guilty pleasure is watching food videos on YouTube.
5) My favorite color changes about 5 times a day. At the time of writing, it's purple!
6) My favorite subject in school is art.
7) Christmas is my favorite holiday.
8) I'm a pool-player in the making, though my only opponent so far was my dad.
9) "Mike and Molly" is my favorite TV show.
10) One of my favorite drinks is Arby's Orange Creamsicle milkshake!

That's all about me! Hope you enjoy :)

This was so interesting to read + learn more about you. :) The upside of being 16 is that you're almost done with HS---it's much different in college/uni imo because everyone has a lot more freedom and to be frank, no time/less of an urge to bully others.

I also love the vintage dolls/toys and it makes me so envious when I see collections of them. I have a few collector's edition dolls but none classify as vintage. . .yet. They just need a bit more ageing to do lol. I do have some vintage Disney plush toys in storage though. (,: I want to collect those sort of things more seriously when I have my own place and space. My own room now is just not ideal. xD

Anyway, hope to read more blogs in the future from you.

Happy holidays!

Back