• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1463.jpg

They were playing a game of Trouble, but I wasn't invited to their game.

Last edited:
^mm send me some.

also any of you guys still play gen 6 pokemon? :3 looking for buds an stuff there!

also dang julien clerc is real good

i was gonna come say how old my password was but i forgot the exact number already and i can't do math

it was 1300 and something !

Can you guess where this quote came from?

"Half of this isn't even language, and the other half, is strawberry jelly."

My dream about this year's worst movie awards (Razzies) has come true. The Emoji Movie has beed crowned "Worst Picture". Not only that, it won every category it was nominated for. It may have escaped getting 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, and it wasn't a box office bomb, but it could not escape winning a worst picture award.

I wouldn't consider this a fluke either. Last year brought us Nut Job 2 and Smurfs: The Lost Village too. I'm telling you, the animation branch has gotten worse over time. 2012 brought us Foodfight, 2013 had Free Birds, and 2014 had The Nut Jub. And let's not forget the Planes movies. At least something has to be done in the Razzies.

Now here's the sad part. The Razzies just picked their very first animated film to win Worst Picture, but no animated film has won Best Picture in the Oscars yet.

Last edited:
Computer has been factory-resetted. Things actually LOAD instantaneously when I click on them! It's beautiful! ;-;

Computer has been factory-resetted. Things actually LOAD instantaneously when I click on them! It's beautiful! ;-;

I should do that with mine, honestly it's a freaking butt. Although they upgraded our internet for free, so I'll try that for a few unless it gets real slow.

This must be a EU run forum...

Actually, the administrators (Jeremy, Justin, and Oblivia) are all from North America. You may see European mods like Peter or Tina during 12:00 to 6:00 PM GMT and Australian mods like Jake or Laudine from 12:00 to 6:00 AM GMT. But the site is mostly administered in North America.

Last edited:
My dream about this year's worst movie awards (Razzies) has come true. The Emoji Movie has beed crowned "Worst Picture". Not only that, it won every category it was nominated for. It may have escaped getting 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, and it wasn't a box office bomb, but it could not escape winning a worst picture award.

I just found The Emoji Movie on Netflix last night and for some reason I'm really tempted to watch it. I gotta see how bad someone could really make an animated movie xDDD

Last edited:
^^ lmao yeah idk if i would watch it for that, but yeah i can imagine it being as bad as sausage party

I just found The Emoji Movie on Netflix last night and for some reason I'm really tempted to watch it. I gotta see how bad someone could really make an animated movie xDDD

^^ lmao yeah idk if i would watch it for that, but yeah i can imagine it being as bad as sausage party

Sausage Party is so bad that it makes South Park's Wheel of Fortune scene look suitable for children.

As for the Emoji Movie, I read about the plot and what kind of comedy it has. Here's what comments I would say if it weren't for the emojis:

1. The plot seems to be much like the episode plots from shows like My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Squirrel Boy, two shows people my age deemed to be the worst of Cartoon Network.
2. The stupidity is only as bad as Chicken Little or the Ice Age sequels. Or it could be comparable to Dreamwork's lesser movies (like Shrek 3 or Shark Tale).
3. If it were so poorly done, it's still no match for stuff like Foodfight or Movie 43.
4. If you thought the movie was so political, Free Birds is more radical. Same with Nut Job and Nut Job 2.

But like I said before, the reason why this movie was so horrible was because they made emojis into a movie. While I don't like the idea of making emojis into a movie, others are really tearing this movie up. People even claimed that nobody asked for this movie. Another major problem in the movie is that if you want to make a movie based on stuff that aren't worth making a movie out of, it's hard to make a good plot that embraces the purpose of it. Toy Story embraces the purpose of toys, which was that toys are meant for playing with, not destroying. Not only they did a good job on making a really good movie involving toys (which embraced the purpose of toys), but they did a good job on making sequels that retained the quality of the original. The Lego Movie embraces the purpose of legos, which was that legis are meant for creativity and building, not collecting and gluing. But the Emoji Movie, it does not embrace the purpose of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back