Mafia [GAME THREAD] New Horizons Mafia - A Classic 9er (ENDGAME)

antonio, if not ness, then who do you think we should vote for?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Day 1 will now end at 9pm EST on the 10th. You have 24 hours and 55 minutes until day ends.

I will consider making days 60 hours and nights 12 hours so the thread is closed for a shorter window.

ok nvm lmao

See and there is again, this is what I'm talking about.

I'm genuinely starting to develop a suspicion of Daniel for his plan to vote me and then disappear because I "backed off" or whatever. He keeps asking people what their thoughts are and what he should do instead rather than focus on actually developing his own opinions. It looks to me as if he's trying to play the safest options and "contributing" without getting into the spotlight.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok nvm lmao

You, to be honest. You're basing your sus on ness being emotional. How is showing emotion alignment indication?

i first wanted to say toads was towny for the pressure on ness, but i'm hesitant now because i don't actually know if his statements are consistent. if toads thought ness was trying to garner attention or reactions, what was there to gain with responding to ness and giving him that attention?

I want to say that isn't necessarily a bad point, but I feel inversely. It's a mild townlean on Toads for me because I've evidently become the spotlight of everyone at this point, I feel as though he was genuinely providing a thought no matter how much I felt it was rude.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: To elaborate, I don't know what to think about Toads, but I don't view it as alignment indicative right now. I know I'm town and I personally feel like I'm an easy target at the moment, but I don't think there was malicious intent from Toad's POV when I look at this from his shoes.

See and there is again, this is what I'm talking about.

I'm genuinely starting to develop a suspicion of Daniel for his plan to vote me and then disappear because I "backed off" or whatever. He keeps asking people what their thoughts are and what he should do instead rather than focus on actually developing his own opinions. It looks to me as if he's trying to play the safest options and "contributing" without getting into the spotlight.

i’m asking questions so i can learn more from the others. i already voiced my sus of you and i dont have much opinion on anyone else so i’m asking questions to get some more conversation going

You, to be honest. You're basing your sus on ness being emotional. How is showing emotion alignment indication?

it seems to be more wifom to me. taking things too personally and using emotions are sometimes used to get people to feel bad and back off of them

iit seems to be more wifom to me. taking things too personally and using emotions are sometimes used to get people to feel bad and back off of them

It wasn't even ever about the fact that he was suspicious of me, I only said I thought he was being a jerk and that was the end of it.

i first wanted to say toads was towny for the pressure on ness, but i'm hesitant now because i don't actually know if his statements are consistent. if toads thought ness was trying to garner attention or reactions, what was there to gain with responding to ness and giving him that attention?

why would it not have been better to just ignore ness at that point? i mean, ness' push was substanceless, daniel's question to ness seemed primarily to just content-generate, and unravel hadn't responded yet.

unravel [theoretically] could've felt pressured to respond the more their name was said, but now that ness' push has....unraveled ....(heh) the focus is no longer on them to respond/react to ness

if toads had ignored ness, then there wouldn't any other conversations to join in on. toad's interactions ness seems to have generated the most content for us to talk about so far

are you saying that we should focus more on unravel? besides the qrs, they haven't said anything else. you could say they're coasting a bit yea

I want to say that isn't necessarily a bad point, but I feel inversely. It's a mild townlean on Toads for me because I've evidently become the spotlight of everyone at this point, I feel as though he was genuinely providing a thought no matter how much I felt it was rude.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: To elaborate, I don't know what to think about Toads, but I don't view it as alignment indicative right now. I know I'm town and I personally feel like I'm an easy target at the moment, but I don't think there was malicious intent from Toad's POV when I look at this from his shoes.

to be fair i actually quoted his post (and a prior one that i ended up removing) with the intention to write a ~toads is locktown~ speech

that devolved into...whatever i said....

anyway

small games are kinda weird, i think this is the smallest game i've been in. with somewhat certainty i can say that within this pool:

[toads/ness/daniel/antonio]

there's at maximum 1mafia in there, i really don't think there's two mafia in these four based off the interactions. IF there was two, the weakest interactions are between AntonioxToads but something sounds wrong about that too. honestly imho it's either 0 or 1.

[shawo/hayden/unravel/pathetic]

probably 2 mafia in there lol ^___^

- - - Post Merge - - -

if toads had ignored ness, then there wouldn't any other conversations to join in on. toad's interactions ness seems to have generated the most content for us to talk about so far

i agree, i actually think any content is better than none.

are you saying that we should focus more on unravel? besides the qrs, they haven't said anything else. you could say they're coasting a bit yea

my point was actually that if toads' believed that Ness is trying to get attention, then it'd be more productive to just ignore Ness.

ignoring Ness does 2 things:

1. doesn't give (in toad's word's) Ness what he "wanted"
2. leaves the conversation fixated on unravel, who could then feel a pressure to respond

pathetic hasn't posted yet so im leaning towards them just being an inactive

shawo, unravel, and hayden have been the most quiet. but hayden did townread unravel and seemed iffy about ness, which isn't much so i'd like to hear more on that

glow is just putting their thoughts in and they're pretty good posts as they're giving more attention on toads and unravel and less on ness. though im still sus on ness it's not strong enough for me to want to continue focusing on him so i want to talk about other players more

i think antonio's posts are fair enough

as said before, i think toad's bluntness is more town leaning and i disagree with glow that he's contradicting himself they giving attention to ness, so he's my biggest town lean so far

Thoughts that are drifting in my mind:

I mean, it was sort of obvious that Ness vote on unravel wasn't serious. I mean, I have autism but even I knew that he was just messing around. However, you took it seriously and is currently trying to scum frame Ness for his vote on unravel. You are literally grasping for nothing, trying to put the blame on someone and hope town may consider him sus.

However, that's just my perspective as of now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh, I think I may be grasping at straws aswell. xD

Might be biased but I really dig Antonio's tone here. I still don't 100% align with him on Daniel grasping at straws regarding me and toads (I think it's reasonable to be suspicious of me, but I dislike Daniel's consistent fluffiness on expressing any thoughts he has) but it felt as though Antonio was being genuine here. I don't get a scum!Antonio POV from it and it seemed like he wanted to contribute an original thought.

to be fair i actually quoted his post (and a prior one that i ended up removing) with the intention to write a ~toads is locktown~ speech

that devolved into...whatever i said....

This is hella town. Glow might secretly be an evil mastermind, but really like the town thought process not only here but as well as the original thought she's contributing on Toad.

Good news and bad news.

Good news is that I flipped dayvig.

Bad news is that I somehow used my power and now it's gone, I think I'm going to have to ask a mod about exactly how this happened, but I just need you to take my word for it.

I've never played mafia before in my life, but I am the number one werewolf player in the world, according to www.definitelynotmafia.com.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious but dunno what the goal here was. Feels noob town if there was no direct motivation but I've been grilled on assuming that before. For the time being though I think I'll just use Occam's Razor or something and continue to assume noob town.

shawo tbh you can just claim day vigjust to clear off urself and if u were a day vig you would have claim it when it situational also how can u lose ur ability in one snap?????? Im confused

Really don't understand unravel's thought process here. She's always been a wildcard so it'll be interesting to see her pop in later but I feel conflicted about this post. The game is open setup so I would think unravel would have more sense here but it's whatever. Kinda null if anything.

Unravel skipped Q2 in her RQS and I slightly remember from a previous mafia game she likes to proofread her RQS/posts overcautiously and whatever to avoid sticking out, so I lowkey townread her.

Ness looks like he’s trying too hard to be townie, but maybe he’s just townie. No idea.

Interesting post regarding heyden and unravel, feels a bit like it's either Town/Town or Town/Mafia. I do find it odd that Heyden said this at most and then disappeared.
HTML:
That's basically it, I've already expressed my opinions on Toads and Daniel, so for me it kinda feels like this right now:

Town: Glow, Antonio, Shawo (maybe?), Toads (tentative)
Null/Who Knows: Unravel, Heyden, Unravel
Leaning Scum: Daniel

- - - Post Merge - - -

pathetic hasn't posted yet so im leaning towards them just being an inactive

shawo, unravel, and hayden have been the most quiet. but hayden did townread unravel and seemed iffy about ness, which isn't much so i'd like to hear more on that

glow is just putting their thoughts in and they're pretty good posts as they're giving more attention on toads and unravel and less on ness. though im still sus on ness it's not strong enough for me to want to continue focusing on him so i want to talk about other players more

i think antonio's posts are fair enough

as said before, i think toad's bluntness is more town leaning and i disagree with glow that he's contradicting himself they giving attention to ness, so he's my biggest town lean so far

Alright, that's a start. This is something I wanted to see more of.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious but dunno what the goal here was. Feels noob town if there was no direct motivation but I've been grilled on assuming that before. For the time being though I think I'll just use Occam's Razor or something and continue to assume noob town.

i think it's interesting that you find shawo to be town over null. they made a joke post and disappeared which for a regular would be sus to me but for a new person whose playstyle we don't know i see it more as null until they post again. but with the whole dayvig thing and their answer in the qrs shawo seems to have some experience so im not sure if it's auto noob town

i think it's interesting that you find shawo to be town over null. they made a joke post and disappeared which for a regular would be sus to me but for a new person whose playstyle we don't know i see it more as null until they post again. but with the whole dayvig thing and their answer in the qrs shawo seems to have some experience so im not sure if it's auto noob town

It's less of a case of leaning town on them and finding that I don't think they had a specific reason to do what they did. I dunno if shawo is someone that has played before under a different name or not, but it's the intent behind their one post that strikes me as noob town.

Just based off impressions I view it as mildly townish. Until they post more that may or may not change.

I didn't dip, I was in class. Anyhow, only person that's sticking out to me right now is Antonio based on a few things.

2. Which players in this game can you read the best, why?
Dad. I am assuming he's the host due to his previous actions.

3. When's the last time you played mafia (in any forum)?
The last game, i believed. No, it was jailbreak and I was town.
Q2 - dodging the question by masking it under something supposedly humorous to make it look of substance never sits with me well, and Q3 - nor do I like his forced ~train of thought~ trying to appear unaware and confused, as if he's trying to mimic the notion of a lost townie.

I pick Ness and Toad. Y'all bickering ain't helping so let's calm with the insults and figure out who's scum.
He selects Ness and Toads as his scum picks, then immediately writes them off as a town vs town by implying they're just bickering, just assuming both of them are town, and that scum is in the other 6 players. On the flip side, he could've been townreading them.. 3 pages into the game. Idk this quote just doesn't sit right with me.
But again, no substance, trying to appear proactive and all like 'lets find scum!' but doesn't really provide much?
Ok but can we talk about how damniel is grasping at straws when it comes to Ness.
Again, no substance, bringing up a point a expecting someone else to pick up on it, for which Ness did lol, at this point it just seems like he's trying to develop a sus on it but is too paranoid to push forward with it in the case of sticking out.

I'll look at Daniel now but through my initial skim I definitely felt more Antonio>Daniel. Daniel if I'm gonna be honest I don't scumread at all.
Toads/glow feels town. Ness idk.

@Heyden I mean he did push a thought earlier on Daniel, right here:

How is emoving a joke vote sus indicating? It wasn't serious, to begin with, and you calling him out obviously could have been the cause of the vote removal. Also, if the vote was a joke then why did it matter if it was there or not?

I would've assumed he would remove it eventually.

- - - Post Merge - - -

removing*

I?m little surprised you didn?t have any thoughts on Antonio?s tone as I pointed out since that feels more genuine to me than most of what daniel?s posted.

I didn't dip, I was in class. Anyhow, only person that's sticking out to me right now is Antonio based on a few things.

Q2 - dodging the question by masking it under something supposedly humorous to make it look of substance never sits with me well, and Q3 - nor do I like his forced ~train of thought~ trying to appear unaware and confused, as if he's trying to mimic the notion of a lost townie.

He selects Ness and Toads as his scum picks, then immediately writes them off as a town vs town by implying they're just bickering, just assuming both of them are town, and that scum is in the other 6 players. On the flip side, he could've been townreading them.. 3 pages into the game. Idk this quote just doesn't sit right with me.
But again, no substance, trying to appear proactive and all like 'lets find scum!' but doesn't really provide much?

Again, no substance, bringing up a point a expecting someone else to pick up on it, for which Ness did lol, at this point it just seems like he's trying to develop a sus on it but is too paranoid to push forward with it in the case of sticking out.

I'll look at Daniel now but through my initial skim I definitely felt more Antonio>Daniel. Daniel if I'm gonna be honest I don't scumread at all.
Toads/glow feels town. Ness idk.

Hey man, you are clearly misreading me but I'll be happy to clarify.

1) About Q2, I didn't mean to avoid the questions. I just didn't have a definite answer on who I can read best since usually my reads are based on what people do in the game, not on who the person is.

2) On the 3rd question, I had to actually look to see when the last time I played mafia. So, the first sentence was written before I checked and once I checked, I wrote the 2nd sentence.

3) I didn't imply they were both townies, like never. I just told them to stop insulting each other and focus. I don't like the negativity.

4) Finally, I wasn't paranoid to push the idea that daniel is scum. Literally two posts after that quote you quoted, I explained my reasoning for sus reading daniel once he asked me to explain.

I mean, it was sort of obvious that Ness vote on unravel wasn't serious. I mean, I have autism but even I knew that he was just messing around. However, you took it seriously and is currently trying to scum frame Ness for his vote on unravel. You are literally grasping for nothing, trying to put the blame on someone and hope town may consider him sus.

However, that's just my perspective as of now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh, I think I may be grasping at straws aswell. xD

I'm probably going to vote one of hayden or toad but I wanna read all of their lines in isolation first.

like I'd vote without any reason but I at least wanna back it up with something better than "they sus me out."

I automatically townread anyone who townreads though, no kappa.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That doesn't show the full posts, is there a better way to go about it?

I'm probably going to vote one of hayden or toad but I wanna read all of their lines in isolation first.

like I'd vote without any reason but I at least wanna back it up with something better than "they sus me out."

I automatically townread anyone who townreads though, no kappa.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That doesn't show the full posts, is there a better way to go about it?

Not really, you'll have to click each posts. Hopefully xenforo would be much better for mafia.

Back