• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Game Idea: Custom Shop

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Festive Bell
Friday the 13th Candy
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
In the next Animal Crossing game, I would like to build an additional facility in your town, which is a shop. It would not only make your town look busier, but it would also act as another income source for your player so you don't have to rely on just turnip trading, bug hunting, fishing, rock hitting, or interest. And you could have an additional place to decorate.

Do you think this is a good idea? What else would you like in the custom shop feature?

I love this idea! I feel like it’d be a mixture between Re-Tail and Nook’s. You could place your items for sale and have your villagers/visitors buy them. Also, being able to customize the store (like in HHD and HHP), and possibly being able to name it would be so cool.

Here’s another idea to throw in. You can choose between convenience store, supermarket, or department store. The smaller the store, the longer it can stay open. You can also be more flexible about opening hours, for as long as the supermarket isn’t open before 8 AM or after 2 AM, and the department store isn’t open before 9 AM or after 11 PM.

this is a neat idea! i like the idea of there being a convenience store, department store or supermarket, but i don’t think i want to be in charge of it or in charge of decorating it haha. i enjoy decorating, but i have a hard enough time trying to decide on how to decorate my town/island and house, i don’t really want an additional building to decorate.

i’d like something like re-tail in new leaf again, where we can place items for sale and buy items that villagers/other people put up, but there are npcs in charge of the shop.

Here’s another idea to throw in. You can choose between convenience store, supermarket, or department store. The smaller the store, the longer it can stay open. You can also be more flexible about opening hours, for as long as the supermarket isn’t open before 8 AM or after 2 AM, and the department store isn’t open before 9 AM or after 11 PM.
I like this idea. The bigger the store, the more selection, but at the cost of not being open as long.

Maybe random villagers may show up at the shop even if they don't live there.
This could also be another method of inviting villagers to your island/town. I would love to have this feature in the next game. Island hopping gets old and annoying so they really need to try another (and less stress-inducing) method of inviting villagers.

Back