• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Game Glitches

the resetting one is one that i've had a lot, and its not a glitch, its a hardware issue. my old 3ds had a lose battery and if you hit the back corner the battery would move, and unplug itself, and obviously turned off. when you started up again the time and on the 3ds would be 00:00, 01/01/11. in the end i had to send it to nintendo, where they gave me a new 3ds.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure if it amounted to a glitch or not.

It's a bit finnicky, isn't it? I've dropped my 3DS from ~six feet before and it didn't even give me the whole cart was removed thing, and all I did when the battery disconnected was set it down on my desk after I'd shut it off.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure if it amounted to a glitch or not.

It's a bit finnicky, isn't it? I've dropped my 3DS from ~six feet before and it didn't even give me the whole cart was removed thing, and all I did when the battery disconnected was set it down on my desk after I'd shut it off.

yea thats why i sent it into nintendo because it pissed me off so much lol

If you glitch on top of a building or something with a net / tweeter, then have someone visit your town your character looks like it gets stung like by a scorpion. I tried this with my brother and when I appeared again, he saw me standing in the air even though I looked normal in my game. I discovered this by accident when I glitched to stand on the Kappn's boat and someone visited my town. I fell through the boat, was stung, and appeared back at my house. lol There might be a picture on my brother's 3ds camera. I'll have to check later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ooo, that is so cool. Didn't know they programmed Isabelle to talk about the ocean. Is there a non-glitchy instance in the game where she has the opportunity to say this, or maybe the developers foresaw this?
I wish I could glitch. I think I tried it once and failed. ; n;

Yes, if you try to put your character's house too close to the cliff, Nook mentions it being close to the ocean. I guess it would work with public works too.

And cool Chibi.Hoshi! I didn't know you could get Isabelle in the ocean! Do you think you could get her in the river? You could probably still talk to her there.

If you glitch on top of a building or something with a net / tweeter, then have someone visit your town your character looks like it gets stung like by a scorpion. I tried this with my brother and when I appeared again, he saw me standing in the air even though I looked normal in my game. I discovered this by accident when I glitched to stand on the Kappn's boat and someone visited my town. I fell through the boat, was stung, and appeared back at my house. lol There might be a picture on my brother's 3ds camera. I'll have to check later.

If your friend is on the dock, and you do the glitch, walk back to the dock. On his/her screen, you should be flying! :eek:

Anyway, I've had an annoying glitch where I'm talking to all of my villagers, to do chores for them.
I will talk to them, and on certain occasions, only a text box will appear.
No text below it, and text never does come, forcing me to reset the game and lose all my progress up until my last save.
Very annoying, especially if I've gotten far. :(

the resetting one is one that i've had a lot, and its not a glitch, its a hardware issue. my old 3ds had a lose battery and if you hit the back corner the battery would move, and unplug itself, and obviously turned off. when you started up again the time and on the 3ds would be 00:00, 01/01/11. in the end i had to send it to nintendo, where they gave me a new 3ds.
Yup this happens when you take out the 3DS battery, or in Jake.'s case comes lose.

And cool Chibi.Hoshi! I didn't know you could get Isabelle in the ocean! Do you think you could get her in the river? You could probably still talk to her there.
Oh yep, pretty easily. All you do is get a character stuck between 2 holes by the edge of the thing you want to push them in. Get your net, run up to them and but at the right second trigger a conversation. If you do it right, boom, there you go.

Anyway, I've had an annoying glitch where I'm talking to all of my villagers, to do chores for them.
No text below it, and text never does come, forcing me to reset the game and lose all my progress up until my last save.
Hmm... I know a lot of people in the past had this glitch. But I was told that it was fixed updating to the latest update of ACNL. So that much be the problem?

Last edited:
No one has mentioned the cloning glitch. I've never done it myself, but I'm grateful for a couple of friends who do it. Just for the non-reorderable DLC's! I don't care about doing this for other items. But, if one happens to have a Korean item, for example, this comes in handy.

No one has mentioned the cloning glitch. I've never done it myself, but I'm grateful for a couple of friends who do it. Just for the non-reorderable DLC's! I don't care about doing this for other items. But, if one happens to have a Korean item, for example, this comes in handy.

we aren't allowed to talk about duping, hence why it hasn't been mentioned.

The net glitch is a fav for me. I remember when I was doing it whilst online, and I go to the top of the message board, and someone visited and it cause my character to fall down.

That is called the *Death glitch* Or something like that. Creepy....

I visited a Japanese Dream Town where the bridges were all in each other, and there were Golden Roses around the Town Plaza and other glitches :/

The only other glitch I got in my game was when there was only a single cherry growing on a cherry tree in my cycling town...
And I don't know if it's me, but if I walk in my game next to some purple tulips, they turn a bit hazy until I stop walking...

OH I know that one! But to me it happens with white cosmos so I often end up confusing white cosmos for dandelion puffs until I get a closer look. I never considered it a glitch as more like a graphics issue? yeh.

I had this happen very recently with Sprinkle. It was a real pain.

I also noticed that the game was lagging badly when it attempted to load a certain conversation with one of my old villagers in Club LOL. It loaded up other conversations with him just fine, but with one particular conversation was causing a good 5 second delay before it showed up. I loaded it twice and on both occasions the lag occurred.

Just got a funny glitch today. I'm trying to breed black lilies, so removing all but red ones in a certain area. I noticed one of my townies planted a white one while I was watering. So, I picked it up to take it elsewhere. When I pulled it out, it looked like it turned red! Sure enough, when I checked my pocket, it had become a red lily! Weird.

Back