• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Framerate drops

My island has been so lagged the past few days.

It really should be higher than 30 for a switch game. :(

I remember posting here, but lately I’ve experienced a frame rate drop near a villagers house. Whenever I walk or run there I noticed that the game lags a bit since there was many flowers there.

I seem to have a different experience from most people on this thread. I first encountered frame rate drop in a marketplace area that I crammed a lot of furniture and stalls and arcade machines, a lot of which had animation in them, and fish tanks as well. It got really bad at one point that I decided to tear it all down and downsize it. But it didn't help. It's not as bad as before but it's still very choppy whenever I go through the area. Then at one point I start to get frame rate drop around my nooks and ables, where I only placed a couple of items and bushes/fences. I have a medium-sized orchard behind them where I have about six of each kind of fruit trees. Could the trees be causing the lag? Idk. I have my museum area to the left of my marketplace and now it starts to get choppy over there as well. It seems like the fps drop is slowly spreading to other areas.
However, the only place that I don't experience any fps drop is my flower field. I have a very big field with 10 of each color, base and hybrid, but going through that area is totally fine and I don't experience any lag at all. Same with my campsite and graveyard where I put down a lot of cedars and bamboos.
I really hope this could be patched somehow. The lag is really bothering me and makes me want to flatten my island and re-design the whole thing.

Might this be caused by memory leaks?
Some games tend to accumulate unused data when run for a long time without closing (sleep mode doesnt count), which causes performance issues over time.
Maybe turning of the switch completely might help to 'clear the cache' if thats the case.

This could be the case. I've gone to some very jam-packed islands (and have flowers everywhere on mine) with no visual issues. But I close the game entirely and then completely switch off the console after every usage.

Haven't noticed actually, but thanks for heads-up. Only think that bothers me is the thinking lag when you're about to check the mail "please wait a few seconds"... more like half a minute lol.

Back