• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Features you want to return/be included

Aja Blu

Bells
There is a YouTube video (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XEu00e_0arI#menu) with hints of returning features in New Horizons! It suggests that the whale and the note-in-a-bottle might come back, which is great news! A lighthouse like the one from GameCube (probably not with the same features) games or other games that you can build with funding might appear, it would make sense being on and island.
I personally think that the special events from GCN and WW should return, such as sports fair, cherry blossom, acorn festival and maybe even a trading event similar to that of the golden axe!
What features do you want to return? Any new features you want there to be? Reply below!

I never knew there was a whale shadow. I just watched it on youtube.

I'd like some of the old festivals back, like the Acorn Festival, and Bright Nights, but only if the villagers still interacted with each other, as well as with the player, as in the old games they wouldn't talk to each other until the week long event was over.

Bring back the observatory and constellations, and have the Roost be part of the museum again, though I doubt that will happen. :)

Also bring back the flea market.

I would really like the observatory to make a return. I loved making the constellations and seeing them in the night sky. I never played the GameCube version of Animal Crossing, but from what I understand, it had a lot of good events such as morning aerobics, which I think would be a lot of fun to do. Really, what would be nice, is if all features and events returned in the new game. That would definitely give plenty to do all year round. :)

I agree with all of you! On Sunday, I have a Flea Market in City Folk. I wonder if Gracie and the police officers will be present in this game (New Horizons). All we can do is wait now.
Shooting down Pete, Yay Day, Flower Fest and La Di Day are some Wild World features I would like to see return, as long as stopping villagers from moving whilst they are packing. Though I kind of don’t want insurance to make a come back ;)
Coin toss, NES games, glowing spot, shopping cards- there is an endless list of features that I and the fellow community would like to see return. Same goes with new features. Hopefully, on the Nook Phone, we can have a music app to choose music like the GameCube hourly themes. I wonder if New Horizons will have a whole new soundtrack or recycle/reuse some of the past games?

Last edited:
one thing that i'm really hoping for is that brewster stores your gyroids again, keeping a large collection of them was really difficult for me in new leaf~

I posted a thread about this a couple of weeks ago〜 ☆

This YouTuber thinks the whale could be a potential NPC! That would be so cool! ⸌̷̻ ( ᷇๑ॢ˃̶͈̀ ꇴ ˂̶͈́๑ॢ) ⸌̷̻

Definitely
1. All the smaller, immersive details from previous titles (such as ants feasting on candy, physics of balls)
2. The respective quality of life improvements (menu, controls, etc.), as well as
3. Brewster including the Cafe in some form and medicine for occasional island patients!

Last edited:
Returning features I’d love to see is the message in the bottle which might be returning. Morning aerobics I also really loved. I would like to see the flea market returning, that was a fun little thing to do. I actually miss the dump. I know they have the recycling bin, but it’s not the same lol. Maybe I’m imagining this...but I remember some kind of games being played at the plaza in the GameCube version. Idk what that was lol but it was cute and I want it back. The balls you could find in your town on the GameCube version. That would be so fun with multiplayer.

New features...I want cooking. Villagers get hungry too lol. I would love to be able to see underwater when wearing the dive mask. I don’t see that happening, but I still want it. I want a bicycle. I’ve wanted a bicycle since GameCube. One day maybe I’ll get it. I wanted to swim since GameCube and I finally got that. Not giving up hope.

Back