• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Pokémon Favorite Water Starter Pokémon

Who is your favorite?

• Squirtle!

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Totodile!

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Mudkip!

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • Piplup!

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Oshawott!

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Froakie!

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Popplio!

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I like them all!

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • None of them is my favorite...

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Which water starter Pokémon is your favorite?

My all time favorite is Piplup. I started to play Pokémon with the Gen 4 and had to pick Piplup as my starter since I love penguins. It's just such a cute one. And it's evolution Empoleon is pretty cool too.

Another favorite of mine would be Oshawott. I find him adorable.

Last edited:
I’ll have to go with squirtle, the only other water type starter I really like is piplup I’m indifferent about all the rest.

I accidentally voted for piplup lol

Last edited:
Squirtle, also Popplio because it's the most useful on in the smusum games imo.

Mudkip and Totodile are both great! My first ever starter was Mudkip so I'm definitely fond of it and all of its evolutions. Totodile is also really cute and after evolving it becomes such a cool crocodile (while still cute).

TOTODILE!! Huge bias for being my first Pok?mon ever lol plus it's based on my all-time favorite animal. I also really love Popplio and all its evos, and Squirtle and all its evos. <3 Water starters are where it's at my dudes.

Piplup all the way! Totodile is a close second.

I never really picked water pok?mon as my starter in the pok?mon games. I only remember picking a water starter in Diamond/Pearl because Piplup was the cutest of the three...

I'd say Piplup or Squirtle though. :eek:

I like the blue retriever (Popplio) the best out of not just the water starters, but all starters.

Since the general trend of this thread has stuck to the first form of the starters, I'd probably have to choose Piplup since penguins are my favorite animal.

That said, if we were to expand it out into their final evolutions, it would be the Squirtle line because Blastoise is one of my favorite starter Pokemon due to the design and the shiny coloration. I also have to give a shoutout to the Totodile line because Crystal was my favorite Pokemon game for years and Feraligatr was one of the numerous reasons why that was the case.

Last edited:
Froakie, because I usually choose fire type starters in every game, and it was the exception with X/Y. Chose it before Ash-Greninja was even a thing

Piplup all the way, two words Cutie pie. I'm not gonna talk about it anymore, two words sweet-tee. I'm done lol jk but seriously I really like the evolution line and Diamond and pearl it was a good series. I am always biased to water starters and get them in every game!

Popplio is my favorite water starter, I always liked it ever since it was revealed. :) I like Piplup and Froakie a ton too.

Last edited:
Squirtle all the way! Froakie would probably be second since I used Greninja in my copy of Y.

Team Oshawott, it's so adorable <3

Back