• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Holiday/Winter music?

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
🎧 What are some of your favorite Holiday/Winter music? 🎧
---------------------------------------------------------------------
🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️

🎼 My ultimate Favorite is We Three Kings Linked incase you want to listen 🥰
Others I really enjoy are:
☃ Carol of the Bells - Celtic Woman has a nice version
☃ White Christmas - Particularly by The Drifters
☃ Mary Did You Know? - Pentatonix has a nice version
☃ Walking in a Winter Wonderland
☃ Just a Girl by Brandon Heath

🎼 I also like instrumental alot and rarely dislike one. I'll share just a couple.
☃ Suite from the Polar Express Here
☃ Fum Fum Fum Mannheim Steamroller Here
☃ Pretty much any Charlie Brown Christmas song
☃ Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the Flowers

my three favorite Christmas songs/covers:

I also enjoy soft/instrumental pieces 😊

also also can't forget Manheim Steamroller and their crazy new-age/electronic music covers of Christmas classics, like this absolute legend:

Christmas Canon Rock - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
O, Holy Night - Pavarotti
Blue Christmas - Elvis (the version in 'Year Without a Santa Claus' is good, too)
Silver Bells - The Judds

not really a fan of most christmas music, but i’ve always enjoyed o holy night. such a beautiful sounding song. ♥️ don’t have a favourite cover of it in particular, but i really liked the glee version of it (don’t clown me for this lol). glee covers are definitely hit or miss for me, but i thought lea michele did a beautiful job with o holy night.

I've grown up with Christmas music all day every past November 1st, so I have a lot of favorites! Here are a few:
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Diana Krall (specifically her cause that voice is amazing)
Winter Song - Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson
Jingle Bells? - Barbara Streisand
Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande
A Baby Changes Everything - Faith Hill
Little Saint Nick - Beach Boys
Christmas Time is Here - (specifically Alicia Keys)
Mele Kalikimaka- Bing Crosby

That's just a small list of songs I love!

I'm a huge fan of the Peanuts soundtrack as well as traditional Christmas songs like Good King Wenceslaus, O Come All Ye Faithful, and Hark, The Herald Angels Sing. As for contemporary Christmas music, it like listening to a lot of them once or twice, but hearing them non-stop for an entire month makes me not like them as much.

Ooh, fun question. I think it's a nostalgia thing, but I do strongly prefer traditional carols and instrumental music to the more modern songs. Some of my favourites off the top of my head: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Carol of The Bells, Feliz Navidad and Do You Here What I Here.
I also have been putting on Nintendo/game winter level OST compilations the past couple days and I think that can count for holiday themed music I enjoy too. 💕

I don't listen to much Christmas music, but anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra is good. I also love the soundtrack from the original 1966 version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

#1 - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee.... It's just a banger
#2 - All Alone on Christmas by Darlene Love.... Also a banger and you don't hear it like at all unless you watch Home Alone 2
#3 - Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney.... So many people hate on this song so much which I understand but it reminds me of when I was a kid, going to the family Christmas party
#4 - Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid.... Honestly all these Christmas songs make me nostalgic lmao. I remember one December where I just played this song on repeat
#5 - All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey.... Arguably the most Christmas song that ever Christmas'd

In my opinion it's hard to go wrong with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas covers. I'm also particularly fond of the song "Christmas Vacation" by Mavis Staples, likely helped in part by the fact that it's used as the opening song for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation which is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Even without that connection though, it's still a great song!

Ah, truly a classic here. "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" invokes emotions of sadness, fear, and wonder. Truly a timeless masterpiece. :lemon:

Step into Christmas by Elton John is my fave!
Do They Know It's Christmas like mentioned above is also great!!
Step into Christmas is my favourite as well!!

Here are a few of my other favourite songs/versions:
What Christmas Means to Me - Stevie Wonder
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
This Christmas - CeeLo Green
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Michael Bublé

The bulk of my favorites tend to be the traditional Christmas songs, with O Come O Come Emmanuel being my top favorite. Coventry Carol is also way up there. I listen to both of these year round. Lol.

John Denver did a great rendition of Coventry Carol!

As for the newer songs, I tend to like I'll Be Home For Christmas. I also like Merry Christmas Darling by The Carpenters.

Mariah Carey's song is my favorite, the others don't do it for me.

You guys reminded me of some songs I forgot about but really liked! 😮
I am redoing my Christmas music playlist on youtube as it has missing songs in it and just needs redone.

Love the Celtic Woman Christmas album, along with the traditional songs.

My mother loves "Hard Candy Christmas" by Dolly Parton.

Luther Vandross also had some good Christmas songs, like "The Mistletoe Jam" and "I Listen to the Bells."

It's the music with which I always begin my holiday music listening . . . this version of The Nutcracker . . .

Back