• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favorite Animal Crossing?

GameCube version. Holds extreme nostalgia and childhood value. It was my first game I really played and I was only 5 years old... Played it with my brother and my cousin and the simplicity, music, graphics, charm... Everything was perfect.

City folk had the most memories for me because I met people like Kiley and Brandon

the GC ver holds a lot of memories for me, so im torn between it and NL. GC had more "heart" in it - as in, the villagers seemed more "lifelike" and i got attached to them a lot more - but NL basically improves on... everything else, lol, and theres a lot more to do in it. aside from the flatness of some of the dialogue in NL, id say NL is my favourite!

The GC ver. but NL is also great :D It's like a remake of the original^^

I personally thought that all Animal crossing games were the best,considering I've played them all,but if I had to choose...
I think it's also a choice between the Gamecube version and New Leaf Because they were the best and had more features than Wild World and Lets go to the city....Like many others on this thread ,Animal Crossing on Gamecube brought much childhood memories but New Leaf has more features like Public Works Projects, The Island and the main street....I think I'll have to go with new leaf because you can also play it on the go! :)

new leaf

really wished i played the original as a kid but nope lol
i'd love city folk more if the grass problem wasnt so ass
and i loved wild world to pieces until i lost my copy when i was going on a roadtrip lol my childhood turned to **** after that

The original holds tons of nostalgia and childhood memories, but I also really love New Leaf. It's a tie.

Either Population: Growing! or New Leaf.
PG had a lot more dialogue options and possibilities than NL does, and I also really liked the balls you could find in PG. I do like the PWPs, the increased home sizes, the new types of flowers and ways you can use them, and all of the new item sets in NL, though.

Back