Fallout 4 (Who's excited?)

I really want Fallout 4, my friend Brady already has it, and my little brother never shares the Playstation with me so I'll never be able to play Fallout 3 or Fallout 4 ; v ; That's why I have to go to my dad's house to play it ; v ;

I've spent the majority of the game making my settlement pretty and listening to Diamond City Radio.

Haha, sounds like my boyfriend! I was giving him a hard time 'cause he had 60+ hours playtime and he hadn't even made it to Diamond City yet, lol. He was just exploring the top half of the map and building up like two or three settlements he favored.

Hey guys, some of you may find this useful and others not so much, but I found out a way to add furniture underwater in Fallout 4. The furniture is fully functional and you can even throw working electronics under there too. Here's a short video I made:

Steps:

1. Spawn and place a shack foundation.
2. Place furniture and other items onto the foundation that are able to be moved with it.
3. After you've placed your furniture down, move the foundation underwater and place it on the seafloor.
4. Store the foundation and your furniture should spawn down onto the seafloor.

I didn't see any tutorials or anyone else who posted this so I thought I'd share it.

Last edited:
Haha, sounds like my boyfriend! I was giving him a hard time 'cause he had 60+ hours playtime and he hadn't even made it to Diamond City yet, lol. He was just exploring the top half of the map and building up like two or three settlements he favored.

Can't blame the guy, settlements are too fun.

If there weren't any settlements in-game I'd probably be done with the main story.

Can't blame the guy, settlements are too fun.

If there weren't any settlements in-game I'd probably be done with the main story.

how the **** do people like the settlement system god its so clunky and weird
also they cant protect themselves even if if they have a defense of like 500
im just gonna strip them of all their resources so they die

tho purified water makes a lot of caps i got like four industrial water pumps running and i have about 300 bottles everytime i check so i can sell em for a lot

It's like eating jello with chopsticks, it pisses you off half the time but it's good jello.

the rug glitch makes it a little easier, at least.

tho purified water makes a lot of caps i got like four industrial water pumps running and i have about 300 bottles everytime i check so i can sell em for a lot

Selling stuff is too much effort for me, lol. It meant traveling to different merchants because none of them ever had more than 350 caps - tho I never got the perk to supply them with an extra 500 caps so I dunno if that would have made much of a difference.
I just had a ton of level 3 medic, food, and clothing stalls at my bases and picked up the giant cap stash in the workshop every few days.

But I made some pretty neat places! They defy everything I know about physics, but they weren't difficult to put together. Most of it just snaps together, and if the terrain is uneven, the.. 4th or 5th wooden foundation can be placed at almost any height and it keeps everything pretty even. I found the best way to build was to just build up. And everything either clips or snaps together fine if you do it in the right order.
Like the merchant stalls can go inside. I built a 3-story house with stalls on floors 1 and 2, and a little rec room with couches and TVs on the top floor (it was my settlement to get the 'Benevolent Leader' achievement; they like stalls and TVs). It all fits fine as long as you set the floor/ceiling above them before putting them inside.

And as far as defense goes, I've found that most of my settlements defend themselves just fine, it only prompts me to show up. Failing to show up fails the Misc. Objective, but nobody died or "left" the settlements.
But there's an achievement for completing 50 Misc Objectives and they're kind of a pain to find. Unless I was in the middle of a quest, I always showed up, did nothing, and completed the objective.

I just propped everything important up on top of a floating ceiling with that staircase that had the little platform at the top and the bottom. Built a little house on top of that, line up 20 beds in it like barracks, put a large generator on top of the building at each end, and then connect 'em both to a couple missile launchers, heavy laser turrets, and maybe a spotlight. If it needs more, I'll pop in the heavy turrets that don't need power and stick 'em on the corners of the roofs.
Usually end up with about 42-48 defense. Just enough to cover their "required minimum."

If it's a tight space, as most of them were, I just planted all their food underneath their floating house -- I don't understand how it grows without sunlight, but I do not question it.

tl;dr they totally take care of themselves. I fast traveled to the Drive-in place once and a freakin' deathclaw spawned there with me, but it was dead before anyone even left their med/food stalls to attack it.

One thing I've noticed about the settlement: It's a lot easier on PC than console or so I have heard

I'm pretty sure I'm getting it for Christmas. I cannot friggin wait to play!! I have 258 hours in New Vegas and I bought Fallout 3 but it won't run on my pc and I don't have any consoles or I would have another 258 hours on it haha.

Settlement building I've heard is easier on PC, yeah.

Dunno why

I wonder why

I have it on PC, but I was using a 360 controller 'cause I was between good keyboards at the time.. Now I'll have to go back and see if it's got anything to do with the controls.

From what I understand, the console commands on PC are pretty handy for editing your settlements.

I'm starting a new save file and my main character is going to be a pissed off grandmother and the male character will be the grandson. I'm going to choose all the mean responses in the story.

I love it so much ;-; Havent encountered too many glitches yet, which is good, but dogmeat has disappeared off of the face of the earth with half of my legendary stuff

Bumpin' this because everyone could use a little more Fallout 4 in their lives :) I haven't played in about a week but I'm getting that itch again.

Which companions are you guys running with? I want to do everyone's personal questlines but I always come back to Deacon...

Bumpin' this because everyone could use a little more Fallout 4 in their lives :) I haven't played in about a week but I'm getting that itch again.

Which companions are you guys running with? I want to do everyone's personal questlines but I always come back to Deacon...

I mainly go with Dogmeat or Piper. I also like to bring Curie along sometimes.

FALLOUT 4 PROS, MIXED AND CONS! [updated]

- The character creation is amazing.
- Forget what i said about the story. The story through out is AMAZING.
- The graphics are gorgeous. (Well, imo.)
- The modding community is still great.
- Plays like a real Action-RPG Shooter.
- Companion personal quests are amazing. Especially: Long Time Coming given to you by: Nick Valentine.
- Companions are GREAT.
- It's cool seeing Maccready back in F4. I always wanted to kill that snot in F3.
- To me, It feels like a huge detective story.
- Boston was a great place to pick. (hopping for f5 to be in a nuclear winter, minnesota.)

- Companions with their personal likes and dislikes can be quite challenging. Strong for instance hates everything i do. I have to literally be mean or kill some random person to get him to like me. As for instance let's say i want my trusty conpanion synth killing machine, Nick Valentine to kill random people or kill all of diamond city. He would leave me half-way through the spree. That's way this is mixed.

- Oh god the factions. Look, I love the Brotherhood of Steel. Paladin Danse is a synth. With means the BOS literally puts him on the KILL NOW list. The BOS thinks they own Boston too. I thought they were good guys in F3. In F4, I think they're jerks now. The Minutemen, Cool faction. I don't want to be in a mmo. The Railroad I don't want to blow up a huge flying air blimp. By the most powerful faction, The Brotherhood of Steel. And don't get me started with The Institute. All of them are mixed.

THEIR'S A SETTLEMENT THAT NEEDS YOUR HELP, HERE. LEMME PUT IT ON YOUR DAMN MAP.

Back