• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Everything I know about New Horizons so far:

noctibloom

Bells
Click Here to Access the Google Doc

I know I don't come here often, but I wanted to post this in case anyone was interested. It's organized into various categories, with few details excluded to save space. I started compiling this the day after the trailer came out, and there was already too much for my little brain to handle.

If anyone has any information that doesn't appear here, let me know. I'll be sure to credit you.

Thanks for the encyclopedia, noctibloom !
You're very welcome!

Idk if I'm doing something wrong but it says protected file and I cant zoom in or do anything:/
The file is currently view-only, and copying is disabled. The attempted zooms might be mistakenly read as an attempt to copy, I'm not sure. This is my first time making a google doc so I'm trying to be careful with it.
Are you having trouble reading it? Are you on mobile or a computer?

Last edited:
You're very welcome!

The file is currently view-only, and copying is disabled. The attempted zooms might be mistakenly read as an attempt to copy, I'm not sure. This is my first time making a google doc so I'm trying to be careful with it.
Are you having trouble reading it? Are you on mobile or a computer?

I'm on phone but I'll try computer later.

Are you sure about the map size being 11,520 squares?

According to this post it's "only" 7,128:
https://www.belltreeforums.com/show...-size-when-it-s-bigger-than-CF&highlight=size

EDIT: Obviously you're not 100% sure, but that's a pretty big difference.

It's hard to tell either way, honestly.
It's important to remember that on-map representations of something aren't necessarily to scale. The person who did the math in the doc tried to measure out the acres based on in-game footage instead, using trees and such to count where squares were.

I put that math in brackets because we don't actually know the size, so we still count it as conjecture/speculation.

It's hard to tell either way, honestly.
It's important to remember that on-map representations of something aren't necessarily to scale. The person who did the math in the doc tried to measure out the acres based on in-game footage instead, using trees and such to count where squares were.

I put that math in brackets because we don't actually know the size, so we still count it as conjecture/speculation.

I understand it was just an estimate, I was just surprised by the huge difference between this estimate and the other one, though I did now realise that the other "calculation" is without including the water.

So let's say the water consists of 4 half squares on both the left and right, 4 half squares on both the top and bottom and in the four corners it's 3/4 more:
(10 * 16) * 4 + (8 * 20) * 4 + (20 * 12) * 4 = 2,240
11,520 - 2,240 = 9,280

Still a 2,152 (9,280 - 7,128) difference, but at least less than I previously implied. ^^'

Back