• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Error 86420

Xanthos

Bells
This error is seriously ticking me off. Town's I've been to several times are now becoming inneccesable(sp) from time to time, and I don't know why. It just says "For some curious reason, you cannot go out right now." And then it says crap about not trying again and if it doesn't work I should consult the manual, which is absolutely no help seeing as almost every question answered has to do with your wireless connection strength and junk, which IS NOT the case here.

Anybody know what the heck this error is?

I don't know, but I know that isn't the problem, because I can go to other towns, sometimes, and my signal strength is at three bars. But I truly don't know what kind of router.

Unable to establish UDP connection to the game server.

Please verify that your UDP settings match the settings on your firewall.

Home:
If this error occurs regularly, while you are playing at home, it is likely a connection problem related to your firewall settings. For more information on firewalls and the Nintendo WFC, click here.

At a Hotspot:
Try again later.

that was what Nintendo said, so maybe your router's firewall is messing things up.

Yeah, that's probly reason. Thanks =/

I just wish it wouldn't happen at the most important times, like when a friend who doesn't have his gates open so much is on =(

np, glad to help, I had issues with my router for a while, till I figured it out.

Back