Electric Toothbrush Vs. Manual Toothbrush

brush of choice

• Total voters
After a dental hygienist at my dentist's office suggested that I try using an electric toothbrush a few years ago, I received one as a Christmas gift from a family member that same year. I've been using it ever since. It definitely seems to work well, I've noticed a drastic reduction in cavities; that said, I also started flossing more often, which surely helps too. In general the teeth feel more satisfactorily clean as well.

Only complaints are that they're kinda pricey if you want a quality electric toothbrush and the replacement brush heads are expensive too. It adds up considering you're supposed to change toothbrushes, or toothbrush heads for electric toothbrushes, every three months. The heads can go for over $20 for like a pack of three replacement heads when you could just buy a four pack of normal manual toothbrushes for $3-$4.

Mostly use an electric toothbrush unless I’m away, in which case I take manual so don’t have to worry about charging it

I have an electric toothbrush. My dentist recommended one too me and ever since I use it. I like them now more than the traditional one.

I definitely prefer electric, but currently using manual because my electric one broke. will need to replace it soon.

i use a manual toothbrush but it does the trick ! i'd like to switch to electric though since my dentist thinks its a good idea

i’ve used both, but i currently use an electric toothbrush, and definitely prefer it over a manual one! i feel that electric toothbrushes are gentler on my teeth and gums while also cleaning them more efficiently, and they’ve made brushing my teeth a bit easier as someone who struggles with taking care of their teeth sometimes because of poor mental health.

i've used both in the past and currently have an electric toothbrush! i feel like it's helped with taking better care of my teeth and with reaching/cleaning places i normally can't with a manual brush. i do keep a manual brush just in case my electric one stops working for any reason and can't find a replacement battery in the house.

Manual. I've tried electric but it just didn't vibe with my nature as a control freak, and it also made my teeth feel... itchy? Sounds strange but that's the best way to describe the sensation. I've still never had a cavity so I must be doing something right!

Electric. It's a known fact that they clean far better than a normal toothbrush and for me my teeth feel a lot cleaner for longer.

Back