• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Dream Review Thread

Hello! My town is nowhere near finished. It's lacking public work projects, trees, bushes, and the like. I was wondering if someone could give me some constructive criticism on my town? :) My dream address is : 4400-4293-3527. Also, please don't mind my town name;; it's vulgar. Thanks in advance~

Oh my gosh! There are flowers everywhere! Your path is beautiful. Your house feels a little empty, though. The facade on the outside is cute but inside it just feels quite empty. Here are just a few suggestions of furniture series you could use through your house; princess, lovely, rococo refurbished to gothic white, regal refurbished to royal pink, polka-dot refurbished to pink, Gracie's sweets series.
I see what you mean about the public works projects. It's a good start, and you obviously have a clear vision for your town. You can go onto Google and just look up the list of PWP's and figure out which ones you want and which ones you need to have suggested. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Progress definitely feels more like a working... uh... progress, forgive the play on words there. Cameron's house is the best of the four, but it doesn't feel complete, as though there are things missing from all the rooms. The stone path you've run through the town looks great, and it seems to suggest either the modern or zen theme, but it's not exactly finished. It just seems to stop in places. You've started to carry the zen theme through, which is good, but more Public Works Projects will make it stronger.

Yes.

The town of Progress was a big focus in getting villagers I wanted to be there. Desirable villagers like Fang and Ankha, and my no-less-personal desire to get both Pietro and Apple to become residents.

I have been pinged with numerous Public Works Projects. What has me a stuck is that I may need to draw on paper how to lay out some of this town with where to put PWPs. For example, I would like to move the Flower Clock from where it is (neighboring west of the Town Hall) so I can place a Zen Bell there. I plan to do a park near the river on the west side of town. (Currently there are a Yellow Bench and a Garbage Can. I can move those.)

Progress will come together nicely if I get myself into gear to make that happen.

As for the secondary human characters: Ryan is a keeper, because he has in possession millions of bells; but the other two may get eliminated by me. (I have not yet decided. That's why those other two still have their tents.)

Once again, I thank you for reviewing all three of my active towns, Qvaric_Storyteller.

Thanks again for your review, specifically with my third town Temps!

Secondary human Michael's house is, well, housing clothes until I can access T&T Emporium. That's why his greeting mentions Gracie. His is a temporary arrangement of decor. With another secondary character, Marco, I selected his house to, well, house copies of villager pics. (I'm on the verge of resetting my "Cycle" town in order to create a new one, timing its start in March and extending to April Fool's Day, so I can acquire even more villager pics.)

House decors for all towns' human characters, other than Applewin Mayor Jill, are not complete. They're partially done. One thing I wanted to do is was definitely get villager pics in each mayors' house. (In Progress, I am shy of two villager pics.)

As for not having an "overall theme" in the house of Temps Mayor Alicia: I found myself exhausted by the Happy Home Academy Theme Challenge for Applewin Mayor Jill that I don't particularly want to do any more of those again [for either Progress Mayor Cameron or for Temps Mayor Alicia].

Just on the "theme" thing, I haven't followed the HHA themes challenge in Qvaria either. I'm not sure if you visited, but if you go to Lia's house, you'll notice that there's no collective theme at all. What I meant by that is there doesn't seem to be a sense of similarity between the rooms. The houses just feel a little disconnected, is all.

Oh, you should've said something! Lemme go see if I made a mistake, lol.

Oh my gosh! There are flowers everywhere! Your path is beautiful. Your house feels a little empty, though. The facade on the outside is cute but inside it just feels quite empty. Here are just a few suggestions of furniture series you could use through your house; princess, lovely, rococo refurbished to gothic white, regal refurbished to royal pink, polka-dot refurbished to pink, Gracie's sweets series.
I see what you mean about the public works projects. It's a good start, and you obviously have a clear vision for your town. You can go onto Google and just look up the list of PWP's and figure out which ones you want and which ones you need to have suggested. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.
Aahh, thank you!! ;w; I always thought the path looked iffy because it doesn't have a border, but I don't like the idea of making an new character to hold more textures, I just find it troublesome ^^;. I appreciate your feedback. I actually did that just yesterday :). The only thing that's stopping me is my villagers don't seem to suggest the pwp's I'm looking for! ;w;. Also, thank you for the furniture suggestions!! I love anything pink and girly, and I felt it was very empty. I didn't stick with a theme, as I wanted a realistic looking home to my tastes. Thank you again so much :)

oh snap! it's 4900-3863-5400, I put 2. jesus I'm so dumb, I was wondering why I had no visitors. It should work now!

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy Gensokyo.

My first thought was that the paths are too narrow, and having trees everywhere makes them hard to be seen, especially as they are only one square wide. It was much easier to follow the wider, grey brick path, though. Alice's house is great individually. The rooms are well done, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of collective vision. I feel like Marisa's is the same.
The dead perfect trees around the stone PWP looked really cool (but kind of creepy). The topiaries and the archway looked nice together and with all the trees and flowers around it, that area felt particularly tranquil.
The hot spring with the bamboo all around it looked really effective. Yukari's house felt a little cluttered, and didn't really seem to connect or match. Not just from room to room, but also within each room. I felt like there was just a bit too much going on.

oh snap! it's 4900-3863-5400, I put 2. jesus I'm so dumb, I was wondering why I had no visitors. It should work now!

I know this isn't my topic, but I wanted to visit so you could have more visiters. :)And you're not dumb.lol.
The upper part of town looks so pretty, the way you placed all you're roses.I like your path.You I like how you added a few nintendo pieces to some of the rooms and I like the spooky basement in Sky's house.Cute town. :)

Your path is beautiful, and I love the way you've edged it with flowers. In fact, the layout of the flowers in general is really well thought out. Sky's house is quite nice. It doesn't really have a sense of continuity throughout but each of the rooms has been laid out quite well and individually they look quite nice. The exterior facade of Alice's house is lovely, although the inside is virtually empty.

I'd love to get some feedback from you ^_^ It's not done, but I've worked on it a lot last few months :3

DA: 4800-4004-0300

Last edited:
I'd love to get some feedback from you ^_^ It's not done, but I've worked on it a lot last few months :3

DA: 4800-4004-0300

I love the path you've chosen. The way you've lined it with blue flowers and hydrangea bushes around the plaza is really beautiful, as well. This is the same for the pink flowers near the town hall. The flowers around the bonfire PWP look great. I think all your PWPs and flowers have been thoughtfully laid out and the pink, purple and white look great together. You've carried the pink and purple through Sophie's house. It looks great, and her dress is so cute. Just wondering if you made it or whether you read it from the QR machine?
The room on the right (the princess stuff) looks a bit sad compared to the rest of the house. It doesn't look finished. That's my only criticism of the house, though. Everything else is perfect. I love how you've carried the fairy-tale theme through. It looks really great. You've done a wonderful job.

I love the path you've chosen. The way you've lined it with blue flowers and hydrangea bushes around the plaza is really beautiful, as well. This is the same for the pink flowers near the town hall. The flowers around the bonfire PWP look great. I think all your PWPs and flowers have been thoughtfully laid out and the pink, purple and white look great together. You've carried the pink and purple through Sophie's house. It looks great, and her dress is so cute. Just wondering if you made it or whether you read it from the QR machine?
The room on the right (the princess stuff) looks a bit sad compared to the rest of the house. It doesn't look finished. That's my only criticism of the house, though. Everything else is perfect. I love how you've carried the fairy-tale theme through. It looks really great. You've done a wonderful job.

Aw thank you so much ^_^
my dress is from QR code (wish I could make something that good xD haha) and yea you are right >.< the room with princess set is not done yet.. I used to have full Regal set + lots of music instruments in there.. but it looked bit too cluttered so I bought a princess set and changed it.. It's a bit empty now.. idk hmmm maybe i'll try customizing regal or other sets to match the princess series.. (do you have any suggestions? C:] or maybe I'll experiment.. haha

Thank you for taking your time to do a review- I really appreciate it C:

Aw thank you so much ^_^
my dress is from QR code (wish I could make something that good xD haha) and yea you are right >.< the room with princess set is not done yet.. I used to have full Regal set + lots of music instruments in there.. but it looked bit too cluttered so I bought a princess set and changed it.. It's a bit empty now.. idk hmmm maybe i'll try customizing regal or other sets to match the princess series.. (do you have any suggestions? C:] or maybe I'll experiment.. haha

Thank you for taking your time to do a review- I really appreciate it C:

Just play around with some things and see what works. The regal series done in white or left gold looks great with the princess series. Or you could just buy more of it, although it is fairly expensive. I've seen people mix in different instruments, the harpsichord, ebony piano done in white, the harp and the like. It also works with certain parts of the Weeding day series, the lily record player, lily lamp, rose sofa done in white, the violet screen done in white. I've been experimenting with different series together and using Cyrus in order to make things work. Those are just some suggestions.

Hello! I rarely get any real feedback from anyone, so I'd be really grateful if you could visit my town in your free time and tell me what you think = ) The houses are not fully expanded, but most of the rooms I do have are completed! The theme I'm going for is natural and tranquil. Here is the dream address: 4500-2572-2352. Thanks a bunch !

Hello! I rarely get any real feedback from anyone, so I'd be really grateful if you could visit my town in your free time and tell me what you think = ) The houses are not fully expanded, but most of the rooms I do have are completed! The theme I'm going for is natural and tranquil. Here is the dream address: 4500-2572-2352. Thanks a bunch !

I'll have a look over this now and try to give you some feedback.

Dream Address in signature

I'll check it out and review it now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dream Address in signature

Your town initially felt a little underdeveloped. There weren't any significant PWPs that I saw and there were just sort of flowers randomly lying around everywhere. The bush path to your house was clever, though. Once inside the house, it feels like there's no overall sense of planning. It feels like you've just put a whole bunch of random stuff in there. The rooms all feel rather bare and they feel sort of unfinished. Fact, the whole town feels a bit like that. I think you just need a vision and then you need to carry it through your town, both in your PWPs and in your house.

Back