Does this annoy you?

LoonieToonies

niether here nor there
Bells
One thing that always bugged me was how cedars can only grow in the northern half of your town. Like really? That's so frustrating for me! I hate how there's suddenly an abundance of oaks in the south with no tree variety. It makes me not wanna bother developing the southern part of my town, especially since my town is inspired by my cottage in northern Canada, which boasts tall pines and wilderness. Does this annoy anyone else? I wish they would fix this in the series already.

Not really. I knew of this since City Folk, when you can only grow cedar trees at the upper part of town.

Yessss I hate that. The only variation you can have in the southern part is fruit trees, and that's barely an improvement.

I have wished they would change this since ORIGINAL ANIMAL CROSSING ON GAME CUBE!

end rant. So frustrating. An all pine town would be so pretty. Hopeful for someday in a future game...

Yeah it is annoying and a stupid thing they decided to do. :/
Like it doesn't affect my tone since I don't do much with it but I totally understand for people who are making perfect towns and designing them in a specific way, it would be frustrating.

i mean, i think it's pretty neat. of course it's annoying, i've lost some cedar saplings trying to plant them right below the border which was super annoying that it wouldn't work.....

It would be nice to have cedar trees all over my town. I like variety, so I spread the different types of trees around. I don't like having two apple trees side-by-side, for example. Saplings and cedars help break up things.

Eh, I get the logic behind it, so I'm not really that annoyed. But I do get it with your cottage, then it makes sense to have cedar trees all over town.

Maybe they will have climates in the next game where if you have a colder climate you can plant them all over town, going by the plots in HHD.

It makes sense why they did it and it has never really bothered me. However, I think it would be so cool to have a cottage - inspired town as you suggested! For that reason it would definitely be nice to be able to plant cedar trees everywhere. I feel your frustration. :/

I don't even understand the logic really. Like, your town is tiny and yet, there's enough climate variation that cedar trees stop growing after a certain point? And literally right past that point, palm trees are able to grow. So basically, it's saying that your tiny little town has three different sections where the climate is dramatically different ._.

Personally it doesn't bother me, although I can definitely see how it would if you're doing a themed town where cedars would be appropriate. I do like how they look in winter, so I'd put some near my mayor's house which is in the south if the game let me. I just want more tree variety in general, really!

I didn't know this happened and I've been playing since the first animal crossing game came out xD

eh, i don't mind. cedar trees aren't my thing so I don't really care.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that I knew that they only grow on the northern side and I wanted a foresty cedar filled area around my house but I totally forgot and placed my house on the southern side ;_; My map also has an inconvenient river placement that kinda ruins my whole town plans. oh well

Thing is, the logic doesn't make much sense to me. I visit the Caribbean every march, and there's such thing as tropical cedars. They grow right on the beach! I'm not suggesting cedars on the beach in AC, but it feels kinda pointless to restrict you from planting trees wherever you want. At least give people the choice even if they don't wanna do it.

I guess there are some people that it doesn't bother them about the Cedar trees.

And then there are people that it bothers them a LOT.

I am of the very much bothered variety - at least give us the option?! Or a logical reason, perhaps?

Back