• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone know how this will work exactly

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I have a wii not a u and don't plan getting a u at this point..so the amino cards are all I am going to need, also the e reader as I prefer the 3ds XL original so Xmas got a second of that version. I want the game, and am sure you all know more information than me, I am hoping there is a way to get the game, reader and a whole set of cards all at once without it being ridiculous in cost but all at once would be easier for me than store running.

Anyone know how the cards might be dealt with, I want them all and don't want doubles I kind of want to get what it needs and go from there without it being overly complicated...Any answers from what is known so far?

Cards will be bought in blind packs like Pok?mon cards, so the only way (right now) to get specific cards is to purchase them online on a third-party site or trade with others, since it seems fairly certain you'll get doubles in your first few blind packs.
A bundle will be released the same day the game is released, which includes both the game itself and the amiibo adapter, albeit at a higher price. Keep in mind amiibo cards aren't required for the game, so if money is an issue for you, you can always take your time buying them.

You need the e reader, yes. In Japan I believe there was a bundle including the e reader thing as well as the game for those with the original 3DS/XL, so I assume that'd be in other regions too, but no promises. I've heard that the game itself might cost $19.99 (assuming you're in the US, if not, disregard) but I'm not sure if that's true. I have no idea what the bundle would cost, though. As far as the cards, I know for the US the cards come in packs of 6, and the cards in each pack are random but all have at least 1 non-villager NPC character (like Isabelle, KK, etc). So unfortunately, you can probably get doubles, but in the first collection there are 100 different cards so there might not be that many doubles.
I'm sorry I'm not 100% sure on lots of things, but I don't want to give you lots of false info lol.

That's ok, I wish you could just buy a large card pack of numbers 1-whatever number in a lump as it seems you need them for interaction...If there is any, not sure why would build so many things with so much time without dialogue and friendly interaction..am hoping on that.

On Japan I believe there was a bundle including the e reader thing as well as the game for those with the original 3DS/XL, so I assume that'd be in other regions too, but no promises.

Your assumptions are correct; in a press statement, Nintendo confirmed that that same bundle will be released in America as well. Personally I would have preferred the New XL, but I guess we'll have to wait.

You only need the cards to get the NPC characters like Isabelle. Otherwise, the cards just serve as a guarantee that a certain villager will show up. I believe it's randomized, as far as which villagers show up. And it seems they're bringing back old villagers that weren't in New Leaf, so the pool of villagers will be larger than that in New Leaf.

Only need the e-reader if you're playing on the GameCube, and have a Game Boy Advance cable to connect it with the GBA. It's only really needed in that game for a couple NES games, and some rare furniture that are from letters the villager on the card sends you. It was fun in 2002, but this is 2015, technology has advanced. Now, you use NFC amiibo to unlock villagers in the game- choose which you want living there. You don't need it, as this plays just fine on a regular 2DS and 3DS. There is a reader/writer that will be available September 25 as well if you do want to use the cards on non-New 3DS systems. The packs, unlike Japan's wimpy 3 to a package, will be 6, including one special NPC character- Isabelle, KK, etc. You also get one card with the game. Whether that's random, or we all the get the same is to be determined. The cards in the packs though are just like the e-reader ones were and are totally random, so expect online trading to occur as well as scalping on auction sites.

Back