Does anyone here like to sniff book pages?

BobRocks20

Wowzers!
Bells
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Blue Hybrid Violet
Rotating Fool's Egg
Isabelle
Chocolate Cake
Apple (Fruit)
Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
I know this sounds weird but I do that, actually. When I take a book out to read, I can't help but bring a page up to my nose and see what it smells like. It doesn't matter whether its new or old or in-between. In addition, I also have a habit of fiddling with the page while smelling it.

Not sure why I do this a lot... I guess it's something my senses find satisfying for some reason. So now I'm wondering, do you have any similar habits like this when it comes to your books?

Absolutely I do! It's really cool to get that old book smell from books from the 60s-80s. Kinda smells musty but it's so nostalgic for me!

But also, freshly printed new book smell is really nice. It's the main reason why book stores smell nice. It just smells so new and clean and pristine.

Okay, no offense but the thread title gave me a good laugh.

In all seriousness though, they do kinda smell... unique. They sometimes take me back to the other books I have read. As other people have said, there's nothing quite like spending a quiet evening ready a nice book!

I like the new book smell best (old books smell good too). But some books get a vinegar-y smell that I hate. I always feel like the smell gets on my hands when I read those books. I'm not sure if it's the printing process or differences in materials, but every now and then I get a new book with the gross smell.

Actually, yeah. I don’t know why I like the way books smell, but I do this sometimes.

Yes! My mom and I both are huge fans of this LOL xD The smell of new books is just amazing. Old books usually smell pretty good. New magazines are very nice too! I also like thumbing through very particular glossy paged books/magazines. It's very very satisfying!

That's one disadvantage to having most of my reading material on a Kindle.I can't sniff it...well,I can but it doesn't smell like anything.I like smelling the local Barnes & Noble bookstore,though.It has a blend of nice aromas that include coffee(the highly addictive legal stimulant), baked goods and brand new books and magazines.

Its not a common thing that I do. If the book is new it might have that "new book smell" and if I notice it I might smell it. However, most of the time I don't smell amd just read the book.

I don't go out of my way to sniff them but I still appreciate it when they do smell nice. I like the smell of new books better than old or glossy books.

i only really notice if a book has a scent if it is super brand new, or if it's super old. i don't really go out of my way to smell them though, but the smell isn't unpleasant or anything. it's just kinda *there* if it is lol

Back